Edmonton Police Service (EPS) has taken delivery of their third Airbus helicopter, an H125, which will allow for greater in-air coverage and policing of the growing city of Edmonton. When combined with other policing resources, the H125 will add increased operational efficiency, fitting the ever expanding role of EPS.
“With the continued growth of the city, the mobility of criminals across the region, and the need for greater public and officer safety, a new helicopter with enhanced capability is required,” said Greg Preston, Acting Police Chief. “Because the new Air One is better, stronger, and faster than our previous helicopters, we can provide a greater level of safety and support across the city.”
In addition to emergency response, the H125 will be utilized for air patrol and surveillance, supporting ground missions, providing real-time information surrounding emerging circumstances as well as, managing in-progress incidents.
“Edmonton Police Service has set a fantastic record and example for aerial policing, not only in Alberta, but across Canada,” said Romain Trapp, President of Airbus Helicopters Canada. “We thank Edmonton Police Service for once again choosing Airbus to support their operations and we look forward to continuing to build our relationship for years to come.”
The H125 was selected because of its capabilities during high-speed pursuits, particularly its excellent maneuverability. Equipped with a FADEC engine, the H125’s modular design creates ease of maintenance, resulting in an increased rate of availability.
EPS took possession of an H120 in 1999, followed by delivery of a 2nd H120 in 2009. Airbus also supplies helicopters to several law enforcement and parapublic agencies across Canada including; Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Ontario Provincial Police, Calgary Police, York Regional Police and Winnipeg Police Services. Today, Airbus is the helicopter provider of choice for over 80% of Canada’s airborne law enforcement agencies.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries