Tanis Aircraft Products is proud to announce the installation of a Tanis Heli-Preheat Kit on a R44 Robinson at the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences located at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks.
Wes Van Dell, Chief Helicopter Flight Instructor with the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences at the University of North Dakota recently completed an installation of a Tanis R44 Heli-Preheat Kit on their 2017 R44 Cadet. UND is a world-renowned center for aerospace learning, nationally acclaimed for their achievements in collegiate aviation education, atmospheric research, space studies, and earth system science and policy research. With over 500 faculty and staff members, over 1,500 students from around the world, and a myriad of programs and projects, the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences is setting the pace for the future of flight.
Tanis Aircraft Products manufactures the only preconditioning system that thoroughly and safely heats all critical components. Helicopter preheat kits provide preconditioning for engines, main and tail rotor gearboxes, hydraulics, avionic, cabin, and batteries. With a Tanis System you can rest assured your aircraft will be ready to launch in the coldest of conditions. Operation and regular use reduces operating costs, torque oscillations, thermal stress, warmup and launch times, and increases engine and battery life, reliability and safety of operations!
Doug Evink, Tanis President commented that: “We are happy to partner with UND Aerospace and what a great place to test the merits of the Tanis Preheat System on the ramp in Grand Forks. Our line of heli-preheat and protection accessories have long been an industry standard. We are excited to be supporting the R44 aircraft by contributing to safe operations and prolonged life of helicopter components “
Since starting our business in 1974, we were the first to develop engine-mounted preheat systems for piston engines, first to offer helicopter preheat, first to offer turbine preheat, and the first and only company to meet the rigorous requirements for FAA Supplement Type Certification.” Tanis Preheat Systems have been tested in the harshest climates available including Siberia, the South and North Poles, and throughout the Arctic.
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation
- IMT Vislink Launches New TSM-2020 Transport Management System
- Kopter announces North American subsidiary