Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), today delivered the 300th S-92® helicopter. Era Group Inc. signed for the aircraft, configured for offshore oil worker transportation, in a ceremony at the 2018 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo.
This aircraft, assembled in Coatesville, Pennsylvania, will join Era Group’s fleet of eight Sikorsky helicopters and enter service in March in the Gulf of Mexico.
In 2016, Sikorsky recognized Era Group for being the first operator to enter revenue service with a Gross Weight Expanded (GWE) S-92 helicopter. The GWE increases the maximum take-off weight of the S-92 helicopter from 26,500 to 27,700 pounds, increasing the available payload by 1,200 pounds that can be used for passengers or fuel. The addition of this aircraft marks Era’s fourth GWE S-92 helicopter.
“In the year of Era’s 70th anniversary, we are thrilled to enhance the safety and availability of our fleet with another Sikorsky product,” said Era Group President and CEO Chris Bradshaw. “The reliability of the S-92 provides the consistency our mission requires, and when minutes matter, Sikorsky’s world-class customer service provides the support we need.”
“Sikorsky and Era have partnered for more than 60 years, beginning with Era’s operation of the Sikorsky S-55 in 1956. Since then, Sikorsky has been honored to be a part of Era’s mission of providing safe, efficient and reliable transportation,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz. “We’ve had a rich history together, and with the delivery of this aircraft, we look forward to an even brighter future.”
The S-92 helicopter has become the industry’s standard. It leads the way in compliance with the latest U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and European airworthiness safety standards by meeting or exceeding oil and gas industry requirements. With more than 1.25 million fleet flight hours of service, the S-92 helicopter sets the standard for safety. These aircraft perform a variety of missions including offshore oil transportation, search and rescue, Head of State and airline missions.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries