Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), today delivered the 300th S-92® helicopter. Era Group Inc. signed for the aircraft, configured for offshore oil worker transportation, in a ceremony at the 2018 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo.
This aircraft, assembled in Coatesville, Pennsylvania, will join Era Group’s fleet of eight Sikorsky helicopters and enter service in March in the Gulf of Mexico.
In 2016, Sikorsky recognized Era Group for being the first operator to enter revenue service with a Gross Weight Expanded (GWE) S-92 helicopter. The GWE increases the maximum take-off weight of the S-92 helicopter from 26,500 to 27,700 pounds, increasing the available payload by 1,200 pounds that can be used for passengers or fuel. The addition of this aircraft marks Era’s fourth GWE S-92 helicopter.
“In the year of Era’s 70th anniversary, we are thrilled to enhance the safety and availability of our fleet with another Sikorsky product,” said Era Group President and CEO Chris Bradshaw. “The reliability of the S-92 provides the consistency our mission requires, and when minutes matter, Sikorsky’s world-class customer service provides the support we need.”
“Sikorsky and Era have partnered for more than 60 years, beginning with Era’s operation of the Sikorsky S-55 in 1956. Since then, Sikorsky has been honored to be a part of Era’s mission of providing safe, efficient and reliable transportation,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz. “We’ve had a rich history together, and with the delivery of this aircraft, we look forward to an even brighter future.”
The S-92 helicopter has become the industry’s standard. It leads the way in compliance with the latest U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and European airworthiness safety standards by meeting or exceeding oil and gas industry requirements. With more than 1.25 million fleet flight hours of service, the S-92 helicopter sets the standard for safety. These aircraft perform a variety of missions including offshore oil transportation, search and rescue, Head of State and airline missions.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved