Airbus Helicopters has signed with Heliflite China for an order of seven H125 and three H130 aircraft. The company, based in Xian, China, has also been accredited as an official Airbus Helicopters distributor in the region, supporting Airbus’ growth in this rapidly developing market.
The light helicopters will be used for utility and helicopter emergency medical services (HEMS) missions throughout China.
“Given the sheer size of the market and its potential in China, we are preparing for future growth by ensuring we will have the necessary resources available to support all of our operations in the country,” says Marie-Agnes Veve, Head of Airbus Helicopters in China. “Heliflite China already has an established reputation for professionalism and integrity, and Airbus Helicopters is very happy to have them on board helping us promote and sell our products to customers.”
Heliflite China is a well-known figure in the helicopter market in China, having begun their distribution operations in 2002. They will now become part of the global Airbus Helicopters network, supporting Airbus to prepare for future growth by helping address new customers operating small helicopter fleets in remote regions.
“We are proud to be an official distributer of Airbus products in China, where we expect to see a large increase in orders in the coming years,” said Du Li, President of Heliflite China. “Airbus’ wide range of helicopters offers the right choice for any mission for customers in this emerging market. We are happy to be able to support this growth.”
The H125/H130 is the single-engine best-seller in the Chinese general aviation community, and represents the largest turbine helicopter fleet in China – making up nearly 50% of all light single engines in the country – with more than 125 aircraft from this family currently in operation.
Airbus Helicopters is the leader in the Chinese helicopter market with a market share of close to 40%. The helicopter industry has experienced approximately 20% annual growth in the country over the past five years and Airbus expects this trend to continue. Airbus supports its customers through 7 local offices and a Regional Customer Service Center, and is the first Western helicopter manufacturer to set up a final assembly line (FAL) in the country.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin