Kopter is proud to announce the signature of a firm contract for twelve units plus six options with Helitrans AS, one of Norway’s largest helicopter operators. This major contract further demonstrates the growing interest the SH09 is generating in the market. Helitrans AS is the last operator to complete our Launch Customer group. The Launch Customers will be key in the smooth introduction of the SH09 into various helicopter missions.
Helitrans AS was founded in 1990 and is built on a team of 60 experienced employees amongst which 25 full-time pilots. The company operates a fleet of 17 multipurpose helicopters on a nationwide scale out of 8 different bases. It is today one of the most dynamic operators in Scandinavia in the area of light helicopter and utility operations.
Richard Simonsen, Manager of Helitrans AS and Sales expert comments: “the unobstructed cabin and modern ergonomics of the SH09 will profit both our crew and most importantly our clients, while enabling us to aim for new markets and helicopter activities. The SH09 will perform perfectly in our environment. Together with Kopter Group, our technical teams will participate in the final stage of its development. We are looking forward to benefitting from the high performance of the helicopter but also to benefit from its lower cost of operations brought by modern technology and the right philosophy”.
Andreas Loewenstein, CEO of Kopter, adds: “We look forward to developing a long-term partnership with Helitrans AS and to strongly support their operations. With this order, Kopter reaches the key milestone of completing its Launch Customer portfolio. The teaming with most reputed helicopter operators for the operational introduction of our aircraft into multiple missions and environments will greatly benefit all future owners and operators of the SH09. This order equally allows to solidly increase our firm order book so as to ensure the production gear-up for the first 2-3 years.”
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years