Kopter Group AG announced today the signature of a Memorandum of Agreement with Paradise Helicopters for the purchase of four (4) SH09 helicopters to be delivered after the helicopter is awarded FAA certification expected around end of 2019.
This signature took place at Heli-Expo in Las Vegas between the Chief Executive Officer of Kopter, Andreas Loewenstein, and the Chief Executive Officer of Paradise Helicopters, Calvin Dorn who is based in Waikoloa on Hawaii’s “Big Island”.
This new contract underlines the success in expanding interest in the multirole SH09 helicopter, which is currently under final development in the company’s recently opened engineering and manufacturing/assembly facilities near Zurich, Switzerland.
Calvin Dorn said: “For 20 years Paradise Helicopters has offered exclusive air tours and charters that immerse guests in the awe-inspiring natural beauty, history and culture of Hawaii. We envision the capabilities of the SH09 airframe, and its powerful Honeywell engine, as an exciting and efficient means to expand our unique air tour and charter packages going into the 21st century. The entire team is thrilled to be a launching partner and look forward to the certification and fielding of this new, powerful helicopter into the air tour and charters market in Hawaii”
Andreas Loewenstein added, “I am extremely gratified to see firsthand the level of acceptance we are experiencing with the SH09, the fact that Paradise Helicopters located in Hawaii has selected to operate our helicopter is an outstanding indication of the trust important operators have in Kopter and of the wide range of application the helicopter is capable of handling”.
Paradise Helicopters operates primarily from the Kona airport in the “Big Island” offering helicopter transportation and tour services. The company is known for providing customers dazzling helicopter tours around the majesty of the Big Island’s cliffs and canyons as well as dramatic views of volcanoes like Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa and the lava flows of Kilauea.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives