Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), today unveiled the latest version of its iPad flight calculator application for S-92® and S-76D™ helicopters. In addition to replicating common performance calculations and performing as weight-and-balance calculator, iFly Sikorsky v2.0 now connects to internet based weather data (METAR) and offers an entirely new graphical interface.
The iFly Sikorsky suite of applications was launched in 2014. As part of Sikorsky’s Electronic Flight Bag solutions, these applications provide operators readily accessible information in the cockpit and allow Sikorsky to push notifications to operators electronically. The iFly set of tools allows for preflight planning and performance predictions based on ambient conditions and aircraft configuration. It also includes standard information such as normal operating procedures, checklists, emergency procedures, aircraft supplements and other manuals.
“Sikorsky is focused on working with our customers to help improve the efficiency of their operations. This collaboration has resulted in tools such as the iFly suite, which is designed to provide both productivity and safety benefits,” said Simon Gharibian, Sikorsky’s director for fleet management, supportability and training. “Sikorsky continues to innovate and create new functionality to enhance pilot situational awareness and improve the safe operation of our helicopters.”
The newest version of iFly Sikorsky radically streamlines the workflow of preflight calculations and focuses on reducing and automating the number of discrete pilot actions required to conduct typical performance predictions. Location based weather data can instantly be incorporated into the calculation pages, as well as data directly from the aircraft sent via the optional pilot interface module. Innovative tools such as a two-stage climb calculator and multi-chart interpolation are carried over from the previous version, but with a simpler, user-influenced interface. All of these improvements result in a tool that is faster and more intuitive.
iFly Sikorsky 2.0 and Sikorsky’s NextGen HELOTRAC® Maintenance Management System are both available for demonstration at Sikorsky’s HAI Heli-Expo booth number: N5315. HELOTRAC is now more user-friendly and integrates with Sikorsky’s offerings such as Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals, maintenance planning, parts ordering and Health and Usage Monitoring. The improved system also offers additional fleet analytics and fleet management functionalities that can improve helicopter operators’ efficiency.
- Airbus delivers first H145s to Rega
- Maverick Helicopters joins air program for Burning Man 2018
- Biggin Hill Airport sets up Heli shuttle in New York
- Offshore Helicopter Industry Leaders Speak On Next Steps to Enhance Safety
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider