Airbus Helicopters and Safran Electronic and Defense have signed a letter of intent for the distribution of helicopter data monitoring systems. The systems can be integrated on all Airbus helicopters not already equipped with the Helionix avionics suite or a health and usage monitoring system (HUMS).
“Our goal is always to offer our more modern, and time-saving solutions that enhance safety, increase customers’ performance and add more value to their operations,” said Matthieu Louvot, Executive Vice President of Customer Support & Services at Airbus Helicopters. “This innovation will help us compile useful operational data to be able to provide our customers with tailor-made service solutions adapted to their requirements and offer enhanced benefits to our operators such as higher aircraft availability.”
Safran Electronic & Defense, a specialist in helicopter flight data management, has developed the system for collecting usage and health data certified through a supplementary Type Certificate (STC). The system is offered as a part of Airbus Helicopters’ HCare Connected Services offer, in which digital solutions collect customers’ operational data in order to better understand their aircraft’s behavior and, in turn, better anticipate upcoming needs and propose tailor-made service solutions.
“Safran Electronics & Defense is excited to partnering with Airbus Helicopters on helicopter flight data monitoring (HFDM) thanks to our connectivity solution based on our product Helicom. Our expertise in HFDM arises from our long term capability to design and build relevant solutions for helicopter operators. We know for sure this partnership will be a success,” said Florence Minisclou, Sales & Marketing Senior Vice President of Avionics Division at Safran Electronics & Defense.”
The integrated data management systems will be available via Airbus Helicopters’ new standard upgrades catalogue (accessible directly through its customer portal, Keycopter) and orderable through the e-ordering function.
Several customers have already chosen to equip their aircraft with the STC and discussions are on-going between Airbus Helicopters and customers to ensure the full transfer and adequate analysis linked to the new connected services offer.
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s