Dallas Airmotive, a BBA Aviation Global Engine Services company, announced today they now offer operators a quick-turn 35-day overhaul service option for select PW206C engines onboard the AW109 Power helicopter.
The quick-turn service for PW206C engines is available at Dallas Airmotive’s Dallas, TX facility through the smart-sourcing of specific engine component parts, cutting the engine’s turnaround time (TAT) by more than 41% from 60 days while upholding OEM Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICAs) that includes incorporation of all the OEM-recommended Service Bulletins.
“Our Customers challenge us continually to provide them with unique service offerings that answer their needs, and this faster turnaround time for AW109 Power operators is a significant improvement to overhaul TAT for this engine model,” Mark Stubbs, Chief Commercial Officer of Global Engine Services said.
Additionally, Stubbs mentioned that Dallas Airmotive’s new service offering not only reduces overhaul TAT, but decreases the operator’s cost while the engine is in maintenance, with lower or non-existent engine rental fees and decreased cost incurred due to the helicopter being out of service.
“The quick-turn overhaul option is designed for our Customers with helicopter missions that don’t allow for much time on the ground,” Stubbs said. “We understand their frustration and what is at stake when it comes to extended time without their engines, as many of our Customers are mission-focused.”
Dallas Airmotive’s Customers flying AW109 Power helicopters are primarily within the corporate transport, emergency medical, search and rescue, law enforcement and maritime and land mission industry sectors.
“Customers tell us that price, turnaround time and quality are their primary decision factors when it comes to the maintenance of their helicopter engines and we aim to deliver on all three, backed by our role as a Pratt & Whitney Canada PW200 Designated Overhaul Facility (DOF) and in-house engine experts ready to provide exceptional support for their fleet,” Stubbs said.
To take advantage of this exclusive service offering, operators are encouraged to schedule their PW206C engine overhaul a minimum of 60 days in advance for review of logbooks and service bulletin status to enable DAI’s team
members to accurately determine program applicability and the specific maintenance needs for the Customer’s engine(s).
Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation are strategically equipped to support the overhaul and repair of PW200 engines from around the world. The company is a Pratt & Whitney Canada Designated Overhaul Facility (DOF) at its location in Dallas, TX, with additional capabilities including engine accessory repair and overhaul and state-of-the-art test cells, which provide their Customers some of the fastest turnaround times in the industry.
Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation are attending HAI’s 2018 Heli-Expo, February 27-March 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information on the Pratt & Whitney Canada PW200 engine or other rotorcraft engine support, stop by BBA Aviation booth #C5239 to visit with the company’s engine experts about your next engine solution, or contact your Dallas Airmotive-Preferred Independent Aircraft Service Center for more details.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away