Honeywell (NYSE: HON) is seeing increased demand for its HTS900 turboshaft engine and is anticipating an additional six to eight new engines to be operating on Eagle Copters’ Eagle 407HP model by the end of the year. Eagle Copters has delivered 16 HTS900 engines to date and currently has 15 in service on three continents. Honeywell’s HTS900 supports the 407HP by enabling operators to carry heavier loads while lowering fuel burn, so they can spend less money on fuel and more time in the sky.
Designed for operating in high altitude and hot weather environments, the HTS900 has established itself as a workhorse engine that can be used across a wide range of industries, including forestry, firefighting, wildlife management, medical and law enforcement. The retrofitincreases power output by 22 percent and payload by 500 pounds while reducing fuel consumption by 17 percent. The HTS900 also uses a digital engine control system to help reduce pilot workload and enable crews to schedule maintenance or troubleshoot problems.
Honeywell’s HTS900 has more than 5,000 operational flight hours and is certified by the Federal Aviation Administration and Transport Canada. The European Aviation Safety Agency is expected to certify the engine later this year, along with the Eagle 407HP helicopter.
To learn more about the Eagle 407HP retrofit, visit Honeywell at HAI HELI-EXPO this year at the Las Vegas Convention Center at booth C1329 or Eagle Copters at booth C4851.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives