The French company, who was involved in its elaboration, has opted for the Premium level of this service, launched last October at Helitech International.
Health Monitoring allows customers to track engine life parameters and implement predictive maintenance actions to prevent unplanned events. The service is available at an Essential level, where the customer is responsible for data collection and analysis, and a Premium one where maintenance recommendations by Safran experts are tailored to the customer’s fleet, mission and usage rates.
HeliDax is a privately-held company which has been chosen in 2008 by the French government to supply the flight hours required for the basic and advanced training of French Armed Forces, and Belgium Forces military helicopters pilots.
HeliDax operates a fleet of 36 H120 helicopters powered by Arrius 2F and modified by HeliDax to fit the specifics requirement of the French MOD. The partnership between HeliDax and the French Ministry of Defense is based upon the flight safety and the operational excellence and up to date totalize 153 000 flight hours.
The company, based in the Light Army Aviation School in Dax, have two shareholders: DCI (Defense Conseil International) and Babcock.
French operator Health Monitoring package integrates a new feature allowing automatic Engine Power Check (EPC). This option avoids HeliDax to perform flights dedicated to EPC.
HeliDax will use this service across its whole fleet, flying a total amount of 22.000 hours per year.
Joel Baudon, HeliDax Technical Director, commented: “The partnership that HeliDax started to develop with Safran Helicopter Engines since 2010 is an essential asset of a trustful relationship between an operator and an OEM. The understanding of the needs of the operators and the willingness of the OEM creates added value to the services provided, enhances the efficiency of the maintenance and contributes to a high level of flight safety.”
Frédéric Bugeon, Safran Helicopter Engines VP Sales, Marketing and Customer Satisfaction, added “HeliDax is a partner with whom we shared ideas and needs, and then tested our Health Monitoring new service. Their subscription to the Premium service is the outcome of this partnership. They will benefit from Safran expertise and customized maintenance reports, available online at the EngineLife® Customer Portal, anytime, from anywhere with any device. Today, over 100 companies have also subscribed to the Essential solution.”
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years