The French company, who was involved in its elaboration, has opted for the Premium level of this service, launched last October at Helitech International.
Health Monitoring allows customers to track engine life parameters and implement predictive maintenance actions to prevent unplanned events. The service is available at an Essential level, where the customer is responsible for data collection and analysis, and a Premium one where maintenance recommendations by Safran experts are tailored to the customer’s fleet, mission and usage rates.
HeliDax is a privately-held company which has been chosen in 2008 by the French government to supply the flight hours required for the basic and advanced training of French Armed Forces, and Belgium Forces military helicopters pilots.
HeliDax operates a fleet of 36 H120 helicopters powered by Arrius 2F and modified by HeliDax to fit the specifics requirement of the French MOD. The partnership between HeliDax and the French Ministry of Defense is based upon the flight safety and the operational excellence and up to date totalize 153 000 flight hours.
The company, based in the Light Army Aviation School in Dax, have two shareholders: DCI (Defense Conseil International) and Babcock.
French operator Health Monitoring package integrates a new feature allowing automatic Engine Power Check (EPC). This option avoids HeliDax to perform flights dedicated to EPC.
HeliDax will use this service across its whole fleet, flying a total amount of 22.000 hours per year.
Joel Baudon, HeliDax Technical Director, commented: “The partnership that HeliDax started to develop with Safran Helicopter Engines since 2010 is an essential asset of a trustful relationship between an operator and an OEM. The understanding of the needs of the operators and the willingness of the OEM creates added value to the services provided, enhances the efficiency of the maintenance and contributes to a high level of flight safety.”
Frédéric Bugeon, Safran Helicopter Engines VP Sales, Marketing and Customer Satisfaction, added “HeliDax is a partner with whom we shared ideas and needs, and then tested our Health Monitoring new service. Their subscription to the Premium service is the outcome of this partnership. They will benefit from Safran expertise and customized maintenance reports, available online at the EngineLife® Customer Portal, anytime, from anywhere with any device. Today, over 100 companies have also subscribed to the Essential solution.”
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives