Appareo today announced plans to expand the AML-STC for the company’s Stratus ADS-B “out” transponders to include Part 27 helicopters. The company will exhibit its ADS-B products this week at the annual HAI HELI-EXPO convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Appareo has built a reputation for providing cost-effective, easily-installed certified avionics for fixed-wing aircraft and rotorcraft — not only with the Stratus family of products but also with the company’s turnkey flight data monitoring solutions. The Stratus ADS-B “out” transponders have proven to be one of the lowest-cost long-term solutions for complying with the 2020 mandate, and have been very well received in the GA market. The company expects to see a similar positive reception in the light helicopter market.
“With Stratus ESG, we were focused on developing a simple solution to minimize installation costs for aircraft that don’t have WAAS GPS,” said Derek Aslakson, aviation product manager at Appareo. “With Stratus ES, we were responding to demand from aircraft owners who have already equipped with WAAS GPS navigators and are looking for an affordable way to meet the 2020 mandate while utilizing their previous investments,” Aslakson said. “Stratus ES meets that demand with one of the most attractive price tags on the market.”
Both models are certified 1090 Extended Squitter (ES) ADS-B “out” transponders designed with the common 1.65” form factor to easily replace existing transponders. Stratus ESG includes built-in WAAS GPS for one-box 2020 compliance, while Stratus ES will make an aircraft rule-compliant when paired with any of the following navigators: Garmin 430W, 530W, 6XX, 7XX, or Avidyne IFD440 or IFD540.
At $2,495 MSRP, Stratus ES is one of the most affordable 1090 ES options for ADS-B “out” compliance. With built-in WAAS GPS, Stratus ESG retails for $2,995.
Stratus transponders can be connected to an ADS-B “in” receiver for the complete ADS-B experience. Stratus receivers not only provide subscription-free ADS-B weather and traffic, but their built-in AHRS technology drives a very responsive pitch and bank instrument in the center of the Synthetic Vision view on ForeFlight Mobile. Synthetic Vision provides luminous terrain, night sky view and a brilliant obstacle awareness system, making AHRS an excellent backup for emergency situations. By including a Stratus ADS-B receiver, pilots also benefit from features such as Stratus Replay, where the device stores weather information even when your iPad is asleep, as well as the built-in Stratus Flight Data Recorder, for replaying your flights using Google Earth or CloudAhoy.
The expanded AML-STC is expected later this year, and Stratus ES/ESG can be installed in Part 27 helicopters by an Authorized Appareo dealer. For more information or to locate a dealer, visit www.appareo.com/stratus.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives