ARGUS PROS, a subsidiary of ARGUS International, is pleased to announce it will host the Flight Safety Foundation BARS Auditor Accreditation Course in Denver March 19-21. The three-day course introduces participants to the elements of the Basic Aviation Risk Standard (BARS) Program.
The course requires a good level of knowledge and experience of aviation audits from its attendees, as it provides a working knowledge of the BARS Program and demonstrates the practices and principals that underpin it.
Some attendees are present as observers of the course, and are able to gain a deeper insight into the BARS Audit process.
“The BARS audit is an exceptional audit program that’s recognized throughout the world for its ability to help operators manage aviation risk, particularly within remote and challenging environments. As one of five companies throughout the world approved to conduct BARS audits, ARGUS PROS is very pleased to host this unique opportunity to train additional auditors,” said Patrick O’Flaherty, Director of Audit Programs, Business Aviation at ARGUS PROS.
“The Flight Safety Foundation and BARS Program succeed by means of collaboration with our industry participants. We are very grateful to be working with ARGUS International to present this course in Denver and also for the work ARGUS International undertakes in the BARS Program,” said David Anderson, Managing Director, BARS Program.
The objectives of the auditor accreditation course are as follows:
- Provide background to the BARS Program
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of the BARS Standard and BARS Implementation Guidelines
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of BARS auditing methodology
- Gain insight into the use and completion of audit checklists used during BARS audits
- Understand executive summary and report writing requirements in accordance with BARS Program policy
- Gain insight into the QC process followed by the BARS Program Office prior to publishing reports
- Gain an understanding of BARSoft, the software program used to record all audit activities
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin