CAE today announced that CAE USA has been awarded a contract by the United States Navy under a U.S. foreign military sale (FMS) program to provide the Brazilian Navy with a comprehensive S-70B Seahawk helicopter training system.
CAE will design and manufacture two S-70B training devices: a fixed-base S-70B operational flight trainer (OFT) to be used for pilot training along with an S-70B weapons tactics trainer (WTT) to be used for training rear-crew sensor operators and airborne tactics officers. The two training devices can operate independently or when networked they create an S-70B Seahawk tactical operational flight trainer (TOFT) that provides a total aircrew mission training system.
“Over the past 15 years, CAE has developed a number of Seahawk helicopter training systems for the U.S. Navy as well as other global militaries, and we are pleased the U.S. Navy selected us to provide the Brazilian Navy with a world-class S-70B Seahawk helicopter training system,” said Ray Duquette, President and General Manager, CAE USA. “High-fidelity synthetic training is ideal for cost-effectively training and preparing aircrews for mission success, and this comprehensive S-70B training solution will help the Brazilian Navy prepare their aircrews to safely accomplish a range of missions.”
The S-70B OFT will support training of Brazilian Navy S-70B pilots and co-pilots in normal and emergency procedures as well as a range of mission scenarios. The flight simulator will feature the CAE Medallion-6000 image generator and Open Geospatial Consortium Common Database (OGC CDB) architecture, an international standard for the creation of synthetic environment databases. The S-70B WTT will replicate the back-end of the S-70B helicopter and be used to support the training of sensor operators and airborne tactics officers. The S-70B WTT will feature detailed simulations of the underwater and atmospheric environment and the aircraft weapons and sensors to prepare crew members for anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare missions.
When the S-70B OFT and S-70B WTT are networked to create the S-70B TOFT, the pilot and co-pilot along with the rear crew can interact and interoperate in the training scenario as they would during an actual mission.
CAE will deliver the comprehensive S-70B Seahawk training system to the São Pedro da Aldeia Naval Air Base near Rio de Janeiro.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives