CAE today announced that CAE USA has been awarded a contract by the United States Navy under a U.S. foreign military sale (FMS) program to provide the Brazilian Navy with a comprehensive S-70B Seahawk helicopter training system.
CAE will design and manufacture two S-70B training devices: a fixed-base S-70B operational flight trainer (OFT) to be used for pilot training along with an S-70B weapons tactics trainer (WTT) to be used for training rear-crew sensor operators and airborne tactics officers. The two training devices can operate independently or when networked they create an S-70B Seahawk tactical operational flight trainer (TOFT) that provides a total aircrew mission training system.
“Over the past 15 years, CAE has developed a number of Seahawk helicopter training systems for the U.S. Navy as well as other global militaries, and we are pleased the U.S. Navy selected us to provide the Brazilian Navy with a world-class S-70B Seahawk helicopter training system,” said Ray Duquette, President and General Manager, CAE USA. “High-fidelity synthetic training is ideal for cost-effectively training and preparing aircrews for mission success, and this comprehensive S-70B training solution will help the Brazilian Navy prepare their aircrews to safely accomplish a range of missions.”
The S-70B OFT will support training of Brazilian Navy S-70B pilots and co-pilots in normal and emergency procedures as well as a range of mission scenarios. The flight simulator will feature the CAE Medallion-6000 image generator and Open Geospatial Consortium Common Database (OGC CDB) architecture, an international standard for the creation of synthetic environment databases. The S-70B WTT will replicate the back-end of the S-70B helicopter and be used to support the training of sensor operators and airborne tactics officers. The S-70B WTT will feature detailed simulations of the underwater and atmospheric environment and the aircraft weapons and sensors to prepare crew members for anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare missions.
When the S-70B OFT and S-70B WTT are networked to create the S-70B TOFT, the pilot and co-pilot along with the rear crew can interact and interoperate in the training scenario as they would during an actual mission.
CAE will deliver the comprehensive S-70B Seahawk training system to the São Pedro da Aldeia Naval Air Base near Rio de Janeiro.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin