Aircraft engine building is one of the most innovative and complex areas of helicopter industry and aerospace in general. New aircraft engines tech R&D can sometimes be a stimulus for general technologies progress. Considering this, the HeliRussia 2018 expo to turn special attention to helicopter engines.
The business program of the expo will be featuring a new event – a conference named “Engine building for helicopters: today and tomorrow” on May 25. This event is organized by the Association of the Aero-engines Manufacturers (AAEM) and supported by national aviation magazine “Homeland’s Wings”. Moderator of the conference is the AAEM President, Professor, Dr. Victor Chuyko.
In recent years, Russian aviation industry has been actively developing helicopter engine development and production. For example, the Ufa Engine Industrial Association (part of United Engine Corporation) is increasing production of the VK-2500 type engines in Russia, installed on most of Mil and Kamov helicopters. UEC-Klimov is working on modernization and new turboshaft engines development. Technodinamika, Ural Civil Aviation Plant and Aerosila have announced their own new generation helicopter power plants development. The conference will discuss these topics as well as general questions, current and possible future state of affairs.
All these companies are regular participants of HeliRussia, where they annually showcasing their developments, introducing news and achievements. A number of other companies involved in R&D, production and MRO of helicopter engines are participating in the expo – including Borisfen, H+S Aviation, Lom Praha, PBS Velká Bíteš, ITP Aero and Safran Helicopter Engines.
With all the main regional companies involved in helicopter engine production and operation onboard, HeliRussia 2018 allows to learn more about current and future projects in this field.
The expo will be held in Moscow in the Crocus Expo IEC from May 24 to 26, 2018.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives