Aircraft engine building is one of the most innovative and complex areas of helicopter industry and aerospace in general. New aircraft engines tech R&D can sometimes be a stimulus for general technologies progress. Considering this, the HeliRussia 2018 expo to turn special attention to helicopter engines.
The business program of the expo will be featuring a new event – a conference named “Engine building for helicopters: today and tomorrow” on May 25. This event is organized by the Association of the Aero-engines Manufacturers (AAEM) and supported by national aviation magazine “Homeland’s Wings”. Moderator of the conference is the AAEM President, Professor, Dr. Victor Chuyko.
In recent years, Russian aviation industry has been actively developing helicopter engine development and production. For example, the Ufa Engine Industrial Association (part of United Engine Corporation) is increasing production of the VK-2500 type engines in Russia, installed on most of Mil and Kamov helicopters. UEC-Klimov is working on modernization and new turboshaft engines development. Technodinamika, Ural Civil Aviation Plant and Aerosila have announced their own new generation helicopter power plants development. The conference will discuss these topics as well as general questions, current and possible future state of affairs.
All these companies are regular participants of HeliRussia, where they annually showcasing their developments, introducing news and achievements. A number of other companies involved in R&D, production and MRO of helicopter engines are participating in the expo – including Borisfen, H+S Aviation, Lom Praha, PBS Velká Bíteš, ITP Aero and Safran Helicopter Engines.
With all the main regional companies involved in helicopter engine production and operation onboard, HeliRussia 2018 allows to learn more about current and future projects in this field.
The expo will be held in Moscow in the Crocus Expo IEC from May 24 to 26, 2018.
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away