Aircraft engine building is one of the most innovative and complex areas of helicopter industry and aerospace in general. New aircraft engines tech R&D can sometimes be a stimulus for general technologies progress. Considering this, the HeliRussia 2018 expo to turn special attention to helicopter engines.
The business program of the expo will be featuring a new event – a conference named “Engine building for helicopters: today and tomorrow” on May 25. This event is organized by the Association of the Aero-engines Manufacturers (AAEM) and supported by national aviation magazine “Homeland’s Wings”. Moderator of the conference is the AAEM President, Professor, Dr. Victor Chuyko.
In recent years, Russian aviation industry has been actively developing helicopter engine development and production. For example, the Ufa Engine Industrial Association (part of United Engine Corporation) is increasing production of the VK-2500 type engines in Russia, installed on most of Mil and Kamov helicopters. UEC-Klimov is working on modernization and new turboshaft engines development. Technodinamika, Ural Civil Aviation Plant and Aerosila have announced their own new generation helicopter power plants development. The conference will discuss these topics as well as general questions, current and possible future state of affairs.
All these companies are regular participants of HeliRussia, where they annually showcasing their developments, introducing news and achievements. A number of other companies involved in R&D, production and MRO of helicopter engines are participating in the expo – including Borisfen, H+S Aviation, Lom Praha, PBS Velká Bíteš, ITP Aero and Safran Helicopter Engines.
With all the main regional companies involved in helicopter engine production and operation onboard, HeliRussia 2018 allows to learn more about current and future projects in this field.
The expo will be held in Moscow in the Crocus Expo IEC from May 24 to 26, 2018.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years