Midlands Air Ambulance Charity will be operational from Cheltenham Racecourse during Cheltenham Festival between 13th and 16th March. The organisation’s H135 air ambulance will be situated on the infield during the four-day event.
This is the first time an air ambulance will be located at The Festival and is part of the charity’s ongoing partnership with Cheltenham Racecourse and The Jockey Club.
Jason Levy, fundraising and marketing director for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, said: “As an emergency pre-hospital service, we take the welfare of jockeys and horse riders very seriously, and on average airlift a horse rider every four days. The Jockey Club and Cheltenham Racecourse have been terrific supporters for a number of years, and we are very proud of our affiliation with the equestrian community.
“The fact we will be operational from The Cheltenham Festival this year is testament to this relationship, and represents an excellent opportunity to showcase what we do to the Festival goers.”
On behalf of The Jockey Club, Simon Claisse, said: “I am delighted that once again we are to work with the Midlands Air Ambulance during this year’s Festival. The service they provide both to us and the wider equestrian community is second to none and to have a dedicated helicopter position on site over the four days ensures, when necessary, that a patient can be transferred to a trauma hospital without delay.”
In addition to the helicopter being present at The Festival, the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity team will be situated by the North Entrance. There will be a helicopter simulator pod, giving visitors the chance to fly the aircraft, merchandise for sale and the charity’s exhibition unit demonstrating the vital work of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives