A fleet of Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) were commissioned by MDA, a Maxar Technologies company, to fulfill a contract with an international customer.
Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 UAS was chosen by MDA for its impressive track record of providing critical support in sea- and land-based intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) missions. As a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft, the S-100 has a relatively small logistical footprint, which allows for flexible and rapid deployment. By day and night, the UAS functions as a platform capable of carrying a wide range of high-end payloads.
With its successful history of conducting surveillance in challenging, complex and hostile environments, MDA offers a turnkey service to an unnamed international customer. Such will include responsibility for the acquisition of the fleet and its required infrastructure, training, airworthiness, logistics, supply chain management, maintenance and all flight operations.
“We are honored that MDA has chosen our best-in-class CAMCOPTER® S-100 to fulfill the requirements of this prestigious contract,” said Hans Georg Schiebel, Chairman of the Schiebel Group. “We are excited about this partnership and look forward to the opportunity to once again demonstrate the proven capabilities of the S-100 and its unique suitability for ISR missions.”
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives