A fleet of Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) were commissioned by MDA, a Maxar Technologies company, to fulfill a contract with an international customer.
Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 UAS was chosen by MDA for its impressive track record of providing critical support in sea- and land-based intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) missions. As a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft, the S-100 has a relatively small logistical footprint, which allows for flexible and rapid deployment. By day and night, the UAS functions as a platform capable of carrying a wide range of high-end payloads.
With its successful history of conducting surveillance in challenging, complex and hostile environments, MDA offers a turnkey service to an unnamed international customer. Such will include responsibility for the acquisition of the fleet and its required infrastructure, training, airworthiness, logistics, supply chain management, maintenance and all flight operations.
“We are honored that MDA has chosen our best-in-class CAMCOPTER® S-100 to fulfill the requirements of this prestigious contract,” said Hans Georg Schiebel, Chairman of the Schiebel Group. “We are excited about this partnership and look forward to the opportunity to once again demonstrate the proven capabilities of the S-100 and its unique suitability for ISR missions.”
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023