Naval Special Warfare forces and the U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command conducted interoperability training with French amphibious assault ship LHD Tonnerre (L9014) and USNS John Lenthall (T-AO 189) in the Arabian Gulf, Feb. 6.
This was the first mission for a French Mistral class LHD as a platform for U.S. special operations. The training consisted of visit, board, search, and seizure (VBSS) rehearsals intended to enhance maritime interoperability between international partners and U.S. military assets in the region.
“Training together to improve our amphibious actions is essential,” said French Capt. Nicolas Vaujour, commander of France’s amphibious task group. “Exercises such as this one best prepare us for a bilateral or multilateral response to a contingency operation.”
The special operations teams launched MH-60 helicopters and combatant craft assault boats during a multidimensional VBSS rehearsal on a simulated vessel of interest. The exercise demonstrated Tonnerre Amphibious Task Group’s ability to command a control a complex helicopter and seaborne mission to interdict a vessel of interest.
TF 51/5 embarked approximately 150 U.S. Sailors and Marines aboard Tonnerre in November 2017 to conduct amphibious operations in the region. This was the sixth multilateral training evolution Tonnerre participated in during its deployment in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service