Naval Special Warfare forces and the U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command conducted interoperability training with French amphibious assault ship LHD Tonnerre (L9014) and USNS John Lenthall (T-AO 189) in the Arabian Gulf, Feb. 6.
This was the first mission for a French Mistral class LHD as a platform for U.S. special operations. The training consisted of visit, board, search, and seizure (VBSS) rehearsals intended to enhance maritime interoperability between international partners and U.S. military assets in the region.
“Training together to improve our amphibious actions is essential,” said French Capt. Nicolas Vaujour, commander of France’s amphibious task group. “Exercises such as this one best prepare us for a bilateral or multilateral response to a contingency operation.”
The special operations teams launched MH-60 helicopters and combatant craft assault boats during a multidimensional VBSS rehearsal on a simulated vessel of interest. The exercise demonstrated Tonnerre Amphibious Task Group’s ability to command a control a complex helicopter and seaborne mission to interdict a vessel of interest.
TF 51/5 embarked approximately 150 U.S. Sailors and Marines aboard Tonnerre in November 2017 to conduct amphibious operations in the region. This was the sixth multilateral training evolution Tonnerre participated in during its deployment in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives