Naval Special Warfare forces and the U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command conducted interoperability training with French amphibious assault ship LHD Tonnerre (L9014) and USNS John Lenthall (T-AO 189) in the Arabian Gulf, Feb. 6.
This was the first mission for a French Mistral class LHD as a platform for U.S. special operations. The training consisted of visit, board, search, and seizure (VBSS) rehearsals intended to enhance maritime interoperability between international partners and U.S. military assets in the region.
“Training together to improve our amphibious actions is essential,” said French Capt. Nicolas Vaujour, commander of France’s amphibious task group. “Exercises such as this one best prepare us for a bilateral or multilateral response to a contingency operation.”
The special operations teams launched MH-60 helicopters and combatant craft assault boats during a multidimensional VBSS rehearsal on a simulated vessel of interest. The exercise demonstrated Tonnerre Amphibious Task Group’s ability to command a control a complex helicopter and seaborne mission to interdict a vessel of interest.
TF 51/5 embarked approximately 150 U.S. Sailors and Marines aboard Tonnerre in November 2017 to conduct amphibious operations in the region. This was the sixth multilateral training evolution Tonnerre participated in during its deployment in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin