Kaman Aerosystems (Kaman), a division of the aerospace segment of Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN), announced today that Darlene Smith has been appointed Vice President and General Manager of Kaman’s Air Vehicles and MRO (AVMRO) division effective April 2, 2018.
In this role, Smith will lead Kaman’s aircraft OEM operations including sales, production and support of the K-MAX® medium-to-heavy lift helicopter and support for the worldwide fleet of SH-2G Super Seasprite naval helicopters.
Ms. Smith has over 35 years of experience in the Aerospace industry, including more than two decades with Pratt & Whitney where she held a number of increasingly responsible positions. She joined Kaman in 2001 where her experience crosses a variety of functional areas including operations, supply chain, OEM aftermarket sales, logistics, continuous improvement and business systems. She most recently served as Kaman’s Vice President – Supply Chain and Enterprise Performance. During her career Ms. Smith has been certified by APICS (CPIM) and obtained a Six Sigma Green Belt. She holds a Master of Management degree from Cambridge College.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd