Spectrum Aeromed announced this week that they have completed production on their newest Amendment: the AgustaWestland AW109SP STC with a light weight air ambulance interior.
Per the request of an industry-leading air ambulance customer operating in the Northeast, Spectrum designed and manufactured a new interior for their new AW109SP. Working closely with the medical crew and the aircraft manufacturer, Spectrum’s engineering team was able to meet the customer’s mission requirements.
The amended STC consists of a lower profile platform/housing module with storage area that secures the stretcher as well as a support mechanism that will allow the crew to easily load and unload the stretcher/Incubator Transport Deck.
The Tanis Heater shore power installation includes an open area with a shore power plug to allow the aircraft to charge electric batteries while not in operation.
New light-weight valance panels have been added to reduce the total weight of the interior to an estimated 45 pounds.
Spectrum Aeromed can design and manufacture customized Air Ambulance requirements for clients. If you have an air ambulance need for your rotor-wing or fixed-wing aircraft, please stop by booth #C6627.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives