Spectrum Aeromed announced this week that they have completed production on their newest Amendment: the AgustaWestland AW109SP STC with a light weight air ambulance interior.
Per the request of an industry-leading air ambulance customer operating in the Northeast, Spectrum designed and manufactured a new interior for their new AW109SP. Working closely with the medical crew and the aircraft manufacturer, Spectrum’s engineering team was able to meet the customer’s mission requirements.
The amended STC consists of a lower profile platform/housing module with storage area that secures the stretcher as well as a support mechanism that will allow the crew to easily load and unload the stretcher/Incubator Transport Deck.
The Tanis Heater shore power installation includes an open area with a shore power plug to allow the aircraft to charge electric batteries while not in operation.
New light-weight valance panels have been added to reduce the total weight of the interior to an estimated 45 pounds.
Spectrum Aeromed can design and manufacture customized Air Ambulance requirements for clients. If you have an air ambulance need for your rotor-wing or fixed-wing aircraft, please stop by booth #C6627.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd