Spectrum Aeromed announced this week that they have completed production on their newest Amendment: the AgustaWestland AW109SP STC with a light weight air ambulance interior.
Per the request of an industry-leading air ambulance customer operating in the Northeast, Spectrum designed and manufactured a new interior for their new AW109SP. Working closely with the medical crew and the aircraft manufacturer, Spectrum’s engineering team was able to meet the customer’s mission requirements.
The amended STC consists of a lower profile platform/housing module with storage area that secures the stretcher as well as a support mechanism that will allow the crew to easily load and unload the stretcher/Incubator Transport Deck.
The Tanis Heater shore power installation includes an open area with a shore power plug to allow the aircraft to charge electric batteries while not in operation.
New light-weight valance panels have been added to reduce the total weight of the interior to an estimated 45 pounds.
Spectrum Aeromed can design and manufacture customized Air Ambulance requirements for clients. If you have an air ambulance need for your rotor-wing or fixed-wing aircraft, please stop by booth #C6627.
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter