Spectrum Aeromed announced this week that they have completed production on their newest Amendment: the AgustaWestland AW109SP STC with a light weight air ambulance interior.
Per the request of an industry-leading air ambulance customer operating in the Northeast, Spectrum designed and manufactured a new interior for their new AW109SP. Working closely with the medical crew and the aircraft manufacturer, Spectrum’s engineering team was able to meet the customer’s mission requirements.
The amended STC consists of a lower profile platform/housing module with storage area that secures the stretcher as well as a support mechanism that will allow the crew to easily load and unload the stretcher/Incubator Transport Deck.
The Tanis Heater shore power installation includes an open area with a shore power plug to allow the aircraft to charge electric batteries while not in operation.
New light-weight valance panels have been added to reduce the total weight of the interior to an estimated 45 pounds.
Spectrum Aeromed can design and manufacture customized Air Ambulance requirements for clients. If you have an air ambulance need for your rotor-wing or fixed-wing aircraft, please stop by booth #C6627.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30