Airbus Helicopters has appointed SB Havacılık A.Ş. (SBAIR) as its new distributor and Service Center in Turkey. The Istanbul based company will represent the European manufacturer in Turkey and promote its civil product line.
SBAIR was established in 2017 by Mr. Ercüment Bayegan (Bayegan Group) and Mr. Mehmet Yüksel Hocaoğlu (Swan Aviation). Bayegan Group was established in the 1940s, operating in the petroleum and petrochemical industry with 27 offices worldwide.
Mr. Hocaoğlu has over 25 years of aviation experience and over 15 years of sales and management experience in business aviation market through Swan Aviation.
SBAIR will act as a distributor and provide after-sales services in the areas of maintenance, logistics support and training support in Turkey for the Airbus civil helicopter fleet.
Mickaël Peru, Airbus Helicopters’ head of Sales for Eastern EU & CIS, said: “We are pleased that we have found an experienced partner in Turkey, who will use his local expertise to serve our current and future customers in the best way possible, thus bringing a new dynamic in our approach to the market, particularly the proximity of support and services to our customers.”
Mehmet Yüksel Hocaoğlu, Vice Chairman of SB Havacılık A.Ş., said: “The technologically advanced helicopters made by Airbus have a great potential in Turkey for commercial air transport as well as private and business aviation”.
With a share of 50 percent of the global market in 2017 for civil and parapublic helicopters (turbine helicopters >5 seats), Airbus is the market leader in this segment. “We see a huge opportunity for growth in Turkey and our new distributor SB Havacılık A.Ş will help to further develop the use of helicopters in the country by being closer to the customers”, says Mickaël Peru.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE