Airbus Helicopters has appointed SB Havacılık A.Ş. (SBAIR) as its new distributor and Service Center in Turkey. The Istanbul based company will represent the European manufacturer in Turkey and promote its civil product line.
SBAIR was established in 2017 by Mr. Ercüment Bayegan (Bayegan Group) and Mr. Mehmet Yüksel Hocaoğlu (Swan Aviation). Bayegan Group was established in the 1940s, operating in the petroleum and petrochemical industry with 27 offices worldwide.
Mr. Hocaoğlu has over 25 years of aviation experience and over 15 years of sales and management experience in business aviation market through Swan Aviation.
SBAIR will act as a distributor and provide after-sales services in the areas of maintenance, logistics support and training support in Turkey for the Airbus civil helicopter fleet.
Mickaël Peru, Airbus Helicopters’ head of Sales for Eastern EU & CIS, said: “We are pleased that we have found an experienced partner in Turkey, who will use his local expertise to serve our current and future customers in the best way possible, thus bringing a new dynamic in our approach to the market, particularly the proximity of support and services to our customers.”
Mehmet Yüksel Hocaoğlu, Vice Chairman of SB Havacılık A.Ş., said: “The technologically advanced helicopters made by Airbus have a great potential in Turkey for commercial air transport as well as private and business aviation”.
With a share of 50 percent of the global market in 2017 for civil and parapublic helicopters (turbine helicopters >5 seats), Airbus is the market leader in this segment. “We see a huge opportunity for growth in Turkey and our new distributor SB Havacılık A.Ş will help to further develop the use of helicopters in the country by being closer to the customers”, says Mickaël Peru.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $31M contract for procurement of 14 AE1107C engines for V-22 Ospreys
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance break-in new helipad
- AHS International Announces 2018 Individual Award Recipients
- New Research on the Global Military Helicopter MRO Market
- New ultralight Micron helicopter to be on display at HeliRussia 2018
- Aspen Avionics and Sensurion Aerospace Team Up
- Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics Director Joins AEA Board
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives