Voom is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters that was launched in 2016 as an on-demand helicopter booking platform allowing passengers to request a seat on a helicopter within minutes. By providing a more efficient transportation option to daily commuters, it aims to address challenges associated with rush-hour traffic by offering an alternative form of transportation in some of the world’s most congested cities.
Voom provides travelers both convenience and reliability in the most affordable and accessible way available today. Riders can book and take off in as little as 60 minutes or plan their trip up to seven days in advance, and only need to arrive at the helipad 15 minutes before boarding time. Offering several boardings per hour, the service’s convenience pairs with a significant savings in commute times.
With a population of 23.9 million people and well-known traffic congestion, Mexico City was a natural choice for Voom’s second launch. Furthermore, Mexico City has substantial helicopter infrastructure already in place, with more than 200 helipads in its metro area. Mexico also has a dedicated air traffic control for helicopters, allowing for more efficient air transportation.
For its Mexico City customers, Voom will be available at several locations, including Montes Urales and Interlomas, plus Mexico City International Airport and Toluca International Airport. The company anticipates its Montes Urales – Mexico City International Airport route to become one of its most popular due to its promise of a ten-minute ride to the airport in lieu of the typical two-hour trip during rush hour.
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Airwork customers hit 300,000 customer flight milestone
- EASA and FAA approve Alpine Aerotech bear paws for Bell 505
- Helicopter-based electricity pylon delivery relies on wireless load sensing
- uAvionix says skyBeacon nearing certification
- Helicopter Services Malta launches superyacht service package
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Dallas Avionics to Pre-Sale Certified uAvionix skyBeacon
- Multiflight to exhibit at Heli UK Expo
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407