ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH has succeeded in winning the contract issued by NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) for the German Federal Police for the fleet-wide replacement of all mission equipment in the AS332L1 “Super Puma”, EC155 and EC135 helicopters.
The new mission systems will extend the wide range of capability options of the German Federal Police, such as surveillance, reconnaissance, border control, anti-terrorism and sea rescue and add to the force’s existing capabilities. The mission systems can be used in each of the three helicopter models to reduce the costs of training, and spare parts provision.
At the heart of the mission systems lies the PTANG (Polizeitaktischer Arbeitsplatz ) Operator Workstation, developed by ESG, that allows the Mission Operator to operate all connected systems. The workstation is specifically designed to meet the ergonomic requirements of the operators in different mission scenarios.
The Missions Management System ESGMM supports the operator with a fusion of map data, terrain models, real-time video and databases of geo-referenced objects. ESGMM has wide-ranging interfaces to avionic systems such as the Electro-Optical System (EOS), Automated Identification System (AIS), High Definition (HD) Video Downlink, Intercom, Cockpit MFDs, GPS, radar altimeters and FMS. ESG has integrated the new ARGOS-II HD as the EOS.
ESG will be adapting the mission systems to the requirements of the German police force, as well as performing the integration and EASA-certification for EC155 and EC135, entirely in-house.
For integration into the Super Puma, ESG has contracted the firm HeliOne from Stavanger in Norway.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd