ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH has succeeded in winning the contract issued by NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) for the German Federal Police for the fleet-wide replacement of all mission equipment in the AS332L1 “Super Puma”, EC155 and EC135 helicopters.
The new mission systems will extend the wide range of capability options of the German Federal Police, such as surveillance, reconnaissance, border control, anti-terrorism and sea rescue and add to the force’s existing capabilities. The mission systems can be used in each of the three helicopter models to reduce the costs of training, and spare parts provision.
At the heart of the mission systems lies the PTANG (Polizeitaktischer Arbeitsplatz ) Operator Workstation, developed by ESG, that allows the Mission Operator to operate all connected systems. The workstation is specifically designed to meet the ergonomic requirements of the operators in different mission scenarios.
The Missions Management System ESGMM supports the operator with a fusion of map data, terrain models, real-time video and databases of geo-referenced objects. ESGMM has wide-ranging interfaces to avionic systems such as the Electro-Optical System (EOS), Automated Identification System (AIS), High Definition (HD) Video Downlink, Intercom, Cockpit MFDs, GPS, radar altimeters and FMS. ESG has integrated the new ARGOS-II HD as the EOS.
ESG will be adapting the mission systems to the requirements of the German police force, as well as performing the integration and EASA-certification for EC155 and EC135, entirely in-house.
For integration into the Super Puma, ESG has contracted the firm HeliOne from Stavanger in Norway.
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s