The Sacramento Police Department is pleased to announce the purchase agreement of a Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopter. This will be the first law enforcement configured Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Helicopter delivered worldwide.
The new Bell 505 Jet Ranger X is currently on the production line and is expected for delivery in early April 2018. The new helicopter is slated to replace the 1970’s era Bell OH-58 Helicopters the department currently utilizes.
These helicopters were acquired through a military surplus program back in 1997. The Bell OH-58 helicopters have flown for nearly 20 years and over 30,000 flight hours, serving the Sacramento Region. The addition of the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X will help in reducing response time to routine and critical calls, thus providing a more effective and timely police services to our community. The Sacramento Police Department flies a cooperative flight schedule with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s department to provide an increased service time to the citizens of the Sacramento Region.
Upon delivery, the Bell 505 Jet Ranger will be sent to be outfitted with the latest in safety technology, to include FLIR (forward looking infrared), color camera, mapping software and lighting to keep the City safe. The new helicopter will be an invaluable addition to the Sacramento Police Department in its utilization of emerging technology and ever-expanding goal of making Sacramento an amazing place to live, work and visit.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018