The Sacramento Police Department is pleased to announce the purchase agreement of a Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopter. This will be the first law enforcement configured Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Helicopter delivered worldwide.
The new Bell 505 Jet Ranger X is currently on the production line and is expected for delivery in early April 2018. The new helicopter is slated to replace the 1970’s era Bell OH-58 Helicopters the department currently utilizes.
These helicopters were acquired through a military surplus program back in 1997. The Bell OH-58 helicopters have flown for nearly 20 years and over 30,000 flight hours, serving the Sacramento Region. The addition of the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X will help in reducing response time to routine and critical calls, thus providing a more effective and timely police services to our community. The Sacramento Police Department flies a cooperative flight schedule with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s department to provide an increased service time to the citizens of the Sacramento Region.
Upon delivery, the Bell 505 Jet Ranger will be sent to be outfitted with the latest in safety technology, to include FLIR (forward looking infrared), color camera, mapping software and lighting to keep the City safe. The new helicopter will be an invaluable addition to the Sacramento Police Department in its utilization of emerging technology and ever-expanding goal of making Sacramento an amazing place to live, work and visit.
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawk to San Diego Fire-Rescue Department
- Northrop Grumman Delivers Software for UH-60V
- LONGBOW Awarded $170 Million in Orders
- Sikorsky Honors UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- ASU Obtains EASA NVIS STC on AW139
- Indian state of Maharastra orders Sikorsky S76D
- First Helicopter Degree Graduates
- First ground test of Safran hybrid electric propulsion system
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale