Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that it has received an order for five SWE-400 QUAD TrakkaCams from Western Power Distribution. Western Power Distribution is the company responsible for electricity distribution in the Midlands, South West and South Wales of the UK, with a network comprising 220,000 km of overhead lines and underground cables, and 185,000 substations. The business serves over 7.8 million customers and employs over 6,500 members of staff to ensure the highest quality of service to their customers.
“We are extremely pleased that Trakka’s SWE-400 QUAD has been selected by a such a major electricity distributor following competitive tender, to effect airborne inspections of their vast network from H135 helicopters. Airborne inspections help to reduce energy distributors’ reactive repairs and unscheduled downtime, to provide customers with an uninterrupted source of electricity. Trakka is proud to be the world-leader in this market segment today.” said Daniel Johansson MD of Trakka Systems AB.
The TrakkaCam SWE series systems offer up to four, multi-spectral cameras; the highest resolution radiometric thermal imager available on the market today for precise temperature measurements of hotspots; a solar-blind UV camera for the detection of the Corona effect in daylight; a high definition video camera and a 36 Mega Pixel photo camera, for documentation of faults, bird nests, woodpecker holes, loose or missing hardware, broken insulators, missing signs, vegetation management, corridor design and infringement.
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s