Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that it has received an order for five SWE-400 QUAD TrakkaCams from Western Power Distribution. Western Power Distribution is the company responsible for electricity distribution in the Midlands, South West and South Wales of the UK, with a network comprising 220,000 km of overhead lines and underground cables, and 185,000 substations. The business serves over 7.8 million customers and employs over 6,500 members of staff to ensure the highest quality of service to their customers.
“We are extremely pleased that Trakka’s SWE-400 QUAD has been selected by a such a major electricity distributor following competitive tender, to effect airborne inspections of their vast network from H135 helicopters. Airborne inspections help to reduce energy distributors’ reactive repairs and unscheduled downtime, to provide customers with an uninterrupted source of electricity. Trakka is proud to be the world-leader in this market segment today.” said Daniel Johansson MD of Trakka Systems AB.
The TrakkaCam SWE series systems offer up to four, multi-spectral cameras; the highest resolution radiometric thermal imager available on the market today for precise temperature measurements of hotspots; a solar-blind UV camera for the detection of the Corona effect in daylight; a high definition video camera and a 36 Mega Pixel photo camera, for documentation of faults, bird nests, woodpecker holes, loose or missing hardware, broken insulators, missing signs, vegetation management, corridor design and infringement.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018