Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that it has received an order for five SWE-400 QUAD TrakkaCams from Western Power Distribution. Western Power Distribution is the company responsible for electricity distribution in the Midlands, South West and South Wales of the UK, with a network comprising 220,000 km of overhead lines and underground cables, and 185,000 substations. The business serves over 7.8 million customers and employs over 6,500 members of staff to ensure the highest quality of service to their customers.
“We are extremely pleased that Trakka’s SWE-400 QUAD has been selected by a such a major electricity distributor following competitive tender, to effect airborne inspections of their vast network from H135 helicopters. Airborne inspections help to reduce energy distributors’ reactive repairs and unscheduled downtime, to provide customers with an uninterrupted source of electricity. Trakka is proud to be the world-leader in this market segment today.” said Daniel Johansson MD of Trakka Systems AB.
The TrakkaCam SWE series systems offer up to four, multi-spectral cameras; the highest resolution radiometric thermal imager available on the market today for precise temperature measurements of hotspots; a solar-blind UV camera for the detection of the Corona effect in daylight; a high definition video camera and a 36 Mega Pixel photo camera, for documentation of faults, bird nests, woodpecker holes, loose or missing hardware, broken insulators, missing signs, vegetation management, corridor design and infringement.
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawk to San Diego Fire-Rescue Department
- Northrop Grumman Delivers Software for UH-60V
- LONGBOW Awarded $170 Million in Orders
- Sikorsky Honors UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- ASU Obtains EASA NVIS STC on AW139
- Indian state of Maharastra orders Sikorsky S76D
- First Helicopter Degree Graduates
- First ground test of Safran hybrid electric propulsion system
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale