Russian Helicopters Holdings, part of Rostec State Corporation, have started the production of the second lot of MI-28UB machines for the Russian Ministry of Defense. The production is being performed at Rostvertol factory and is supposed to be completed by the end of the year.
The first lot has been supplied for the needs of the Russian Ministry of Defense at the end of 2017. Currently Rosvertol factory is also producing the first set of upgraded MI-28NM Night Hunters for the Russian Air Forces.
MI-28UB’s main feature is the double operation system, designed to operate a machine from both commanding pilot cockpit and operating pilot cockpit. That feature is helpful for training military pilots, who need flying experience and necessary skill to operate Night Hunters. Besides the double operation function makes it possible for a second-in-command officer to aviate the machine in case of emergency in combat conditions.
The helicopter is equipped with a failure imitation console, which makes it possible to simulate in-flight airborne equipment failure and, therefore, better pilots’ skills of performing in emergency situations.
MI-28UB is also fitted with advanced system of integrated airborne radio-electronic equipment. The main body construction was adapted to increase the ergonomic parameters of the crew’s work stations. The helicopter cabin has been made more spacious, armor-coated glass surfaces expanded and pilot’s observation improved. To improve the machine invulnerability MI-28UB has been equipped with modern in-board defense systems.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia