Russian Helicopters Holdings, part of Rostec State Corporation, have started the production of the second lot of MI-28UB machines for the Russian Ministry of Defense. The production is being performed at Rostvertol factory and is supposed to be completed by the end of the year.
The first lot has been supplied for the needs of the Russian Ministry of Defense at the end of 2017. Currently Rosvertol factory is also producing the first set of upgraded MI-28NM Night Hunters for the Russian Air Forces.
MI-28UB’s main feature is the double operation system, designed to operate a machine from both commanding pilot cockpit and operating pilot cockpit. That feature is helpful for training military pilots, who need flying experience and necessary skill to operate Night Hunters. Besides the double operation function makes it possible for a second-in-command officer to aviate the machine in case of emergency in combat conditions.
The helicopter is equipped with a failure imitation console, which makes it possible to simulate in-flight airborne equipment failure and, therefore, better pilots’ skills of performing in emergency situations.
MI-28UB is also fitted with advanced system of integrated airborne radio-electronic equipment. The main body construction was adapted to increase the ergonomic parameters of the crew’s work stations. The helicopter cabin has been made more spacious, armor-coated glass surfaces expanded and pilot’s observation improved. To improve the machine invulnerability MI-28UB has been equipped with modern in-board defense systems.
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s
- Guardian Flight appoints new VP of Base Operations
- DRF takeover of the RTH station for 20th time
- Nepal Army defends its decision over helicopter procurement process
- CHC Norway Wins Contract Extension with Aker BP
- Indian delegation to visit Kamov Design Bureau
- Columbia Helicopters to become the Total Logistics Support provider for GE Aviation