Russian Federal Aviation Agency (Rosaviation) has issued a supplement to the certificate for Ka-226T helicopter that allows the machine operation at high temperatures. The document makes it possible to start exporting the helicopters to countries with the hot climate. Ka-226T is a product of Russian Helicopters Holding, a subsidiary of Rostec State Corporation.
The Rosaviation issued certificate has become a result of testing, carried out by Russian Helicopters specialists and Iran Helicopter Support and Renewal Company technicians in Iran in September 2017. The testing was done in order to prove normal functioning of the machine at outdoor temperature of up to 50 °С.
“The potential users of our helicopter had a chance to learn about its capabilities at a news conference we had upon completion of the testing in Iran last fall. Naturally, the official approval will help us negotiate with companies interested to purchase the machine” – Russian Helicopters Holding Director General Andrey Boginsky acknowledged.
Ka-226T light multi-purpose helicopter features two turbo shaft 580 h. p. engines and full electronic control as well as modern airborne avionics. Operating speed is 220 km/h, operating ceiling – 5700 m. The machine has gross take-off weight of 3.6 tons and can carry up to 1 ton of cargo. Operation efficiency, compliance with modern ecological standards and modern aviation equipment are the features that ensure Ka-226T helicopter one of the top positions among other helicopters of the same class. The model incorporates modular design and can be easily adapted for different functionalities. It can be operated from small-sized touchdown sites and heliport decks, is suitable for around-the-clock operation, and boasts of unlimited all-weather capability.
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s
- Guardian Flight appoints new VP of Base Operations
- DRF takeover of the RTH station for 20th time
- Nepal Army defends its decision over helicopter procurement process
- CHC Norway Wins Contract Extension with Aker BP
- Indian delegation to visit Kamov Design Bureau
- Columbia Helicopters to become the Total Logistics Support provider for GE Aviation