Russian Helicopters ramps up foreign aircraft repair volumes. In 2018, the Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant (NARP), a member of the Russian Helicopters holding company, expects to double the volume of repaired vehicles up to 44. The main share of repair orders falls on foreign contracts.
In 2017, NARP has repaired 22 helicopters, including 18 units owned by foreign customers and 4 – by Russian commercial operators. In particular, the first and second batches of Mi-17v-1 were handed over to customers following an overhaul, and one Mi-17 was repaired.
This year, the plant expects to repair 44 helicopters, thus doubling the numbers of 2017. The number of foreign vehicles will also double to 36. Besides, the company will repair seven Mi-8 helicopters under commercial contracts for Russian operators.
“Our development strategy in terms of after-sales service provides that the share of maintenance, repair and servicing in the income structure would grow up to 40% by 2035. In 2018, NARP has launched a project for renovation of the helicopters’ assembly facility that would enable to decrease the turnaround time and increase the process safety of repair operations,” noted Andrey Boginsky, General Director of the Russian Helicopters holding company.
The Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant (NARP) provides maintenance, overhaul and upgrade services for all modifications of civilian and military helicopters of Mi-8/17 and Mi-26(T) series. The company has an extensive international network of Mi helicopter maintenance and repair enterprises and also repairs the vehicles at the customer’s facilities.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd