Russian Helicopters ramps up foreign aircraft repair volumes. In 2018, the Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant (NARP), a member of the Russian Helicopters holding company, expects to double the volume of repaired vehicles up to 44. The main share of repair orders falls on foreign contracts.
In 2017, NARP has repaired 22 helicopters, including 18 units owned by foreign customers and 4 – by Russian commercial operators. In particular, the first and second batches of Mi-17v-1 were handed over to customers following an overhaul, and one Mi-17 was repaired.
This year, the plant expects to repair 44 helicopters, thus doubling the numbers of 2017. The number of foreign vehicles will also double to 36. Besides, the company will repair seven Mi-8 helicopters under commercial contracts for Russian operators.
“Our development strategy in terms of after-sales service provides that the share of maintenance, repair and servicing in the income structure would grow up to 40% by 2035. In 2018, NARP has launched a project for renovation of the helicopters’ assembly facility that would enable to decrease the turnaround time and increase the process safety of repair operations,” noted Andrey Boginsky, General Director of the Russian Helicopters holding company.
The Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant (NARP) provides maintenance, overhaul and upgrade services for all modifications of civilian and military helicopters of Mi-8/17 and Mi-26(T) series. The company has an extensive international network of Mi helicopter maintenance and repair enterprises and also repairs the vehicles at the customer’s facilities.
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s
- Guardian Flight appoints new VP of Base Operations
- DRF takeover of the RTH station for 20th time
- Nepal Army defends its decision over helicopter procurement process
- CHC Norway Wins Contract Extension with Aker BP
- Indian delegation to visit Kamov Design Bureau
- Columbia Helicopters to become the Total Logistics Support provider for GE Aviation