The Russian Helicopters holding company first arranged a session of the European Aerospace Quality Group (EAQG) held in the city of Kazan. The event was attended by more than 30 largest European companies of the aviation and space industries.
EAQG was established by the largest aerospace companies to develop and implement the strategies aimed at significant improvement of products’ quality and reduction of costs in the supply chain of the aerospace and defence industries. Russian Helicopters has been a member of EAQG since 2013, but it was the first time that the holding company arranged a session.
According to the media service of the holding company, the session was devoted to development and harmonisation of international aviation quality standards, as well as improvement of the aviation industry suppliers’ certification system.
“The EAQG platform enables quality specialists of internationally acclaimed companies to share their rich experience. I believe that collaboration, exchange of best practices and development of harmonised international standards are the only keys that would allow us to strengthen the processes’ integration and ensure further achievement of our quality improvement goals,” commented Andrey Boginsky, General Director of the Russian Helicopters holding company.
The participants also visited the production facilities of the Kazan Helicopters plant. The Kazan plant, a member of the holding company, builds helicopters of Mi-8/17 series operated in more than 100 countries of the world and the Ansat helicopter, and also prepares for the output of Mi-38, a medium-range combined transport and passenger-carrying helicopter.
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years