United Engine-building Corporation, a part of the Rostec State Corporation, has started works on development of a prospective helicopter engine of the next generation. New construction materials and additive technologies, as well as 3D-printing, will be used in the process of development.
In addition to proven effective technologies and materials, new design visions and aviation engines production methods will be implemented in the process of development. The contractor of the project Saint-Petersburg “ODK “Klimov” is planning to implement the technologies that were already used for other ODK aircraft engine models, such as PD-14 engine for civil aircraft MC-21, a prospective engine for Su-57 fighter of the fifth generation and BK-2500M helicopter engine. New construction materials and additive technologies, as well as 3D-printing, will be used in the process of development.
“While developing new products and technologies, the Rostec State Corporation has a unique chance to use the resources of not a single company or research center but employ the united effort of all companies that are parts of the corporation to contribute to the process of development of brand new equipment for aviation industry”, Aviation Cluster Industrial Director of the Rostec State Corporation commented.
The sample engine is expected to be complete in 2021 while the power unit is supposed to be ready for serial production in 2025. The weight of the unit will be reduced by 15 per cent compared to existing competitive models while its operation costs will be 30 per cent lower.
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s
- Guardian Flight appoints new VP of Base Operations
- DRF takeover of the RTH station for 20th time
- Nepal Army defends its decision over helicopter procurement process
- CHC Norway Wins Contract Extension with Aker BP
- Indian delegation to visit Kamov Design Bureau
- Columbia Helicopters to become the Total Logistics Support provider for GE Aviation