United Engine-building Corporation, a part of the Rostec State Corporation, has started works on development of a prospective helicopter engine of the next generation. New construction materials and additive technologies, as well as 3D-printing, will be used in the process of development.
In addition to proven effective technologies and materials, new design visions and aviation engines production methods will be implemented in the process of development. The contractor of the project Saint-Petersburg “ODK “Klimov” is planning to implement the technologies that were already used for other ODK aircraft engine models, such as PD-14 engine for civil aircraft MC-21, a prospective engine for Su-57 fighter of the fifth generation and BK-2500M helicopter engine. New construction materials and additive technologies, as well as 3D-printing, will be used in the process of development.
“While developing new products and technologies, the Rostec State Corporation has a unique chance to use the resources of not a single company or research center but employ the united effort of all companies that are parts of the corporation to contribute to the process of development of brand new equipment for aviation industry”, Aviation Cluster Industrial Director of the Rostec State Corporation commented.
The sample engine is expected to be complete in 2021 while the power unit is supposed to be ready for serial production in 2025. The weight of the unit will be reduced by 15 per cent compared to existing competitive models while its operation costs will be 30 per cent lower.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd