High-level delegation from the Republic of Zimbabwe made a working visit to Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant of Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec). The main purpose of the visit was examination of Mi-171E helicopters in VVIP configuration intended for transportation of top state officials and also familiarization with the terms of helicopter delivery and after-sales support.
Representatives of the Republic had a look at the U-UAP technological and manufacturing capabilities and rotorcraft under production. A familiarization flight in a VVIP helicopter was organized for the delegation members. Tentative terms of delivery of the Plant’s products were discussed at the meeting with the U-UAP management.
“Keen interest of foreign experts to the Russian-made helicopters is dictated by their excellent flight performance ensuring substantial advantages when accomplishing a number of missions. This becomes especially obvious during operations in hard-to-reach areas in the absence of aerodromes and support equipment. Delegation from Zimbabwe expressed satisfaction in the results of the visit to U-UAP, the representatives noted a high level of the Plant’s manufacturing potential and the quality of its products,” Leonid Belykh, Managing Director of UUAP, said.
Russian-made Mi-8, Mi-24 and Mi-35 helicopters are being successfully operated in Zimbabwe for many years. The operators highlight the reliability and failure-free performance of the rotorcraft under tropical climatic conditions.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd