High-level delegation from the Republic of Zimbabwe made a working visit to Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant of Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec). The main purpose of the visit was examination of Mi-171E helicopters in VVIP configuration intended for transportation of top state officials and also familiarization with the terms of helicopter delivery and after-sales support.
Representatives of the Republic had a look at the U-UAP technological and manufacturing capabilities and rotorcraft under production. A familiarization flight in a VVIP helicopter was organized for the delegation members. Tentative terms of delivery of the Plant’s products were discussed at the meeting with the U-UAP management.
“Keen interest of foreign experts to the Russian-made helicopters is dictated by their excellent flight performance ensuring substantial advantages when accomplishing a number of missions. This becomes especially obvious during operations in hard-to-reach areas in the absence of aerodromes and support equipment. Delegation from Zimbabwe expressed satisfaction in the results of the visit to U-UAP, the representatives noted a high level of the Plant’s manufacturing potential and the quality of its products,” Leonid Belykh, Managing Director of UUAP, said.
Russian-made Mi-8, Mi-24 and Mi-35 helicopters are being successfully operated in Zimbabwe for many years. The operators highlight the reliability and failure-free performance of the rotorcraft under tropical climatic conditions.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30