East/West Industries, Inc. has been recognized as a Supplier of the Year in the Global Supplier Diversity category by The Boeing Company. East/West was one of just 13 companies honored April 11 for distinguished performance in working with Boeing.
In February, East/West was notified that it was one of 85 companies worldwide to receive the Boeing Performance Excellence Award Gold. Subsequently achieving the Supplier of the Year designation further acknowledges East/West’s superior performance and labels this class of winners as the best of the best.
This year’s recipients represent an elite group among 13,000 active Boeing suppliers in 57 countries around the world. The selection was based on stringent performance criteria for quality performance, delivery performance, cost, environmental initiatives, customer service and technical expertise.
Founded on Long Island in 1968, East/West designs, manufactures and repairs aircraft seats and other products critical to crew safety and survival. Boeing has selected East/West seats for its SB>1 Defiant and CH-47 Chinook helicopters.
“This is a remarkable honor and a point of pride for our entire team,” said East/West President Teresa Ferraro. “Being named as a Supplier of the Year reaffirms that the men and women of East/West are tremendously capable and responsive to Boeing’s expectations for cost, quality and schedule.”
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training
- Helicopter tree extraction relies on innovative wireless load sensing
- New hydrant for firefighting helicopters may cut response time
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years