East/West Industries, Inc. has been recognized as a Supplier of the Year in the Global Supplier Diversity category by The Boeing Company. East/West was one of just 13 companies honored April 11 for distinguished performance in working with Boeing.
In February, East/West was notified that it was one of 85 companies worldwide to receive the Boeing Performance Excellence Award Gold. Subsequently achieving the Supplier of the Year designation further acknowledges East/West’s superior performance and labels this class of winners as the best of the best.
This year’s recipients represent an elite group among 13,000 active Boeing suppliers in 57 countries around the world. The selection was based on stringent performance criteria for quality performance, delivery performance, cost, environmental initiatives, customer service and technical expertise.
Founded on Long Island in 1968, East/West designs, manufactures and repairs aircraft seats and other products critical to crew safety and survival. Boeing has selected East/West seats for its SB>1 Defiant and CH-47 Chinook helicopters.
“This is a remarkable honor and a point of pride for our entire team,” said East/West President Teresa Ferraro. “Being named as a Supplier of the Year reaffirms that the men and women of East/West are tremendously capable and responsive to Boeing’s expectations for cost, quality and schedule.”
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count