East/West Industries, Inc. has been recognized as a Supplier of the Year in the Global Supplier Diversity category by The Boeing Company. East/West was one of just 13 companies honored April 11 for distinguished performance in working with Boeing.
In February, East/West was notified that it was one of 85 companies worldwide to receive the Boeing Performance Excellence Award Gold. Subsequently achieving the Supplier of the Year designation further acknowledges East/West’s superior performance and labels this class of winners as the best of the best.
This year’s recipients represent an elite group among 13,000 active Boeing suppliers in 57 countries around the world. The selection was based on stringent performance criteria for quality performance, delivery performance, cost, environmental initiatives, customer service and technical expertise.
Founded on Long Island in 1968, East/West designs, manufactures and repairs aircraft seats and other products critical to crew safety and survival. Boeing has selected East/West seats for its SB>1 Defiant and CH-47 Chinook helicopters.
“This is a remarkable honor and a point of pride for our entire team,” said East/West President Teresa Ferraro. “Being named as a Supplier of the Year reaffirms that the men and women of East/West are tremendously capable and responsive to Boeing’s expectations for cost, quality and schedule.”
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved