East/West Industries, Inc. has been recognized as a Supplier of the Year in the Global Supplier Diversity category by The Boeing Company. East/West was one of just 13 companies honored April 11 for distinguished performance in working with Boeing.
In February, East/West was notified that it was one of 85 companies worldwide to receive the Boeing Performance Excellence Award Gold. Subsequently achieving the Supplier of the Year designation further acknowledges East/West’s superior performance and labels this class of winners as the best of the best.
This year’s recipients represent an elite group among 13,000 active Boeing suppliers in 57 countries around the world. The selection was based on stringent performance criteria for quality performance, delivery performance, cost, environmental initiatives, customer service and technical expertise.
Founded on Long Island in 1968, East/West designs, manufactures and repairs aircraft seats and other products critical to crew safety and survival. Boeing has selected East/West seats for its SB>1 Defiant and CH-47 Chinook helicopters.
“This is a remarkable honor and a point of pride for our entire team,” said East/West President Teresa Ferraro. “Being named as a Supplier of the Year reaffirms that the men and women of East/West are tremendously capable and responsive to Boeing’s expectations for cost, quality and schedule.”
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF
- Pakistan continues helicopter fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s
- Guardian Flight appoints new VP of Base Operations
- DRF takeover of the RTH station for 20th time
- Nepal Army defends its decision over helicopter procurement process
- CHC Norway Wins Contract Extension with Aker BP
- Indian delegation to visit Kamov Design Bureau
- Columbia Helicopters to become the Total Logistics Support provider for GE Aviation