HELICAL, a member of the HCM Group of New Caledonia, recently became the first South Pacific company to choose Airbus’ HCare Smart contract. Under the service, scheduled and unscheduled events are covered by a dedicated worldwide original equipment manufacturer (OEM) pool, ensuring the helicopter’s availability at all times, while maintenance costs are optimised and therefore lower.
“Airbus Helicopters’ parts-by-the-hour contract allows our spares stock to be reduced and lets us better manage our maintenance costs,” says Thierry Epplin, chief pilot at HELICAL.
HELICAL employs an H125 helicopter for nickel mining and drilling prospecting in New Caledonia’s mountainous regions. The H125 transports personnel and equipment to remote sites, and uses its external sling to complement mineral exploration.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE