HELICAL, a member of the HCM Group of New Caledonia, recently became the first South Pacific company to choose Airbus’ HCare Smart contract. Under the service, scheduled and unscheduled events are covered by a dedicated worldwide original equipment manufacturer (OEM) pool, ensuring the helicopter’s availability at all times, while maintenance costs are optimised and therefore lower.
“Airbus Helicopters’ parts-by-the-hour contract allows our spares stock to be reduced and lets us better manage our maintenance costs,” says Thierry Epplin, chief pilot at HELICAL.
HELICAL employs an H125 helicopter for nickel mining and drilling prospecting in New Caledonia’s mountainous regions. The H125 transports personnel and equipment to remote sites, and uses its external sling to complement mineral exploration.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet