HELICAL, a member of the HCM Group of New Caledonia, recently became the first South Pacific company to choose Airbus’ HCare Smart contract. Under the service, scheduled and unscheduled events are covered by a dedicated worldwide original equipment manufacturer (OEM) pool, ensuring the helicopter’s availability at all times, while maintenance costs are optimised and therefore lower.
“Airbus Helicopters’ parts-by-the-hour contract allows our spares stock to be reduced and lets us better manage our maintenance costs,” says Thierry Epplin, chief pilot at HELICAL.
HELICAL employs an H125 helicopter for nickel mining and drilling prospecting in New Caledonia’s mountainous regions. The H125 transports personnel and equipment to remote sites, and uses its external sling to complement mineral exploration.
- Northrop Grumman awarded $15M contract for MH-60S ALMDS fabrication
- Airbus delivers first H145s to Rega
- Maverick Helicopters joins air program for Burning Man 2018
- Biggin Hill Airport sets up Heli shuttle in New York
- Offshore Helicopter Industry Leaders Speak On Next Steps to Enhance Safety
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo