Kumertau Aviation Production Enterprise (KumAPE) of Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) delivered another two ship-based Ka-226T rotorcraft to the customer, thus completing contract execution ahead of schedule. The helicopters successfully accomplished the entirety of acceptance tests and are to join the special-purpose state aviation fleet shortly.
The current delivery is the third in line: at the end of March 2017, KumAPE hosted a ceremonial handover of the first two ship-based Ka-226T with another two helicopters delivered in December 2017.
“The enterprise’s contractual obligations have been fulfilled in advance, and four rotorcraft delivered earlier are already inducted into the special-purpose aviation. Ka-226T has demonstrated an excellent performance in challenging sea conditions. I am sure that such experience will boost the demand for this helicopter both in Russia and abroad”, highlighted Andrey Boginskiy, Director General of Russian Helicopters Holding Company.
As distinct from the “land-based” version, light utility ship-based Ka-226T helicopter features a blade folding system of the main rotor. Moreover, the helicopter boasts the state-of-the-art avionics suite, its components and systems are fit for operation under aggressive conditions of marine environment. Owing to its small dimensions, the helicopter can be deployed on ships and low-displacement vessels. Ship-based Ka-226T helicopter is intended for performing search and rescue and transport missions round-the-clock in standard or adverse weather.
Light utility Ka-226T helicopter features coaxial main rotor system, maximum take-off weight of 3.6 tons and is capable of transporting up to 1 ton of payload. It can be equipped with transport cabin, which allows transporting up to 6 people, or modules fitted with special equipment. Improved flight performance of Ka-226T helicopter, environmental friendliness, cost effectiveness, state-of-the-art avionics suite and additional flight safety solutions make this helicopter one of the best in its class.
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight