Safran Helicopter Engines has signed Support-By-Hour (SBH®) contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International, covering engines powering the operators’ H125 and H130 fleets. Each contract formalizes a seven year Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) agreement supporting a total of 16 Arriel 2D engines for Papillon with an additional three engines added over the next two months and six engines for Rainier with one additional engine this spring.
Commented Thierry Derrien, President & CEO of Safran Helicopter Engines USA, “it is with great pride that Safran Helicopter Engines enters into these partnerships with Papillon and Rainier. We appreciate the opportunity to provide this support solution for their H125 and H130 helicopters. Delivering best-in-class solutions is a top priority for Safran and we are delighted with the progress of our collaborations.”
SBH® (Support-By-the-Hour) is a comprehensive “pay as you fly” service solution that provides financial stability through a process of predicting through-life scheduled and unscheduled maintenance costs, and smooths cash flow based on a fixed cost per engine flight-hour.
Lon Halvorson, Principal, Papillon Airways, Inc (PAI) and President and CEO, Rainier Heli International (RHI)– “Papillon, Rainier, and Safran Helicopter Engines USA have been working towards this mutual goal for a very long time and we are pleased to have finalized this Agreement that will be a benefit to both parties”
Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters is one of the largest aerial sightseeing operators in the world, flying an estimated 600,000 passengers annually on daily tours to the Grand Canyon. Rainier Heli International provides helicopter leasing solutions to the international marketplace. Both companies are owned by the Halvorson family.
SBH® is part of EngineLife® Services, Safran’s range of solutions for helicopter engines.
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Simrik Air receives H125 from Airbus Helicopter Southeast Asia
- Newly debuted Helicopter Society of Nepal meets the Tourism Minister
- Croatia to Receive UH-60M Donation
- Life Link III passes 15000 hours on AW119Kx fleet
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- PHi extends previously-announced cash tender offer
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018