Leading UK helicopter training organisation Helicentre Aviation Academy has announced it will be bringing it’s Professional Helicopter Pilot Scholarship Program to the United States. As the company moves into it’s seventh year offering training scholarships, they are now offering another life-changing opportunity to help budding pilots fast-track their way onto the career ladder. Helicentre Aviation will award a full FAA Commercial Pilot [CPL(H)] Scholarship, with a value of $45,000, to one successful applicant in 2019. The CPL(H) Scholarship will cover the entire cost of all post-PPL(H) hour building, ground school for the commercial written exam and the CPL(H) flying course – a total of up to 110 hours flight time in the Guimbal Cabri G2.
“Our Scholarship programme has been extremely successful, providing winners with much-needed funding in order to complete their professional training,” Head of Training, Captain Sarah Bowen explained. “It has also proved to be instrumental in identifying extreme talent and professionalism; this is not just in the winning candidates but also in the overall high calibre of applicants, many of whom have secured career opportunities with us as professional helicopter pilots.
“Our Scholarship programme was created to meet our growing demand for helicopter pilots and flight instructors and has proven to be the biggest single investment in the future of our industry that we as a company have made. We are extremely proud of the quality of talent we have discovered and developed thanks to our Scholarship programme.”
Ambulance) and Utility, fulfilling the company’s philosophy of helping pilots onto the career ladder. Helicentre Aviation have awarded over £500k GBP ($700k USD) to successful pilots through their Scholarship Programme since it launched in 2012.
This level of investment with no requirement for paying it back shows just how much Helicentre Aviation believes in the future of those students looking to begin an exciting career in this diverse industry.
“With an ever-expanding base here in Florida and another aircraft on the way this year, there will certainly be more opportunities becoming available to our pilots. Flight instruction is a popular route taken by those looking to build hours quickly and work in a dynamic and exciting role. We also need to fill that role in the US and this scholarship is certainly one way of helping someone fast-track their journey to working as a professional helicopter pilot” US Base Manager, Callum Tinnion commented.
Anyone wishing to apply for this incredible Scholarship opportunity should ensure they have submitted their application and enrolled onto the Helicentre Aviation Inc. Private Pilot Certificate (Rotorcraft-Helicopter) course before the 31st of December 2018. Applicants who complete their Private Pilot Certificate, with Rotorcraft Category and Helicopter Class Rating, by the training deadline of 30th of June 2019 will be eligible to participate in the selection process to be held during summer 2019.
The UK based helicopter pilot training academy opened a satellite base at Winter Haven airport, Florida just over one year ago which has the capacity to train pilots on both FAA Part 61 and EASA flight training courses. Helicentre Aviation has extended it’s use of the Cabri G2 helicopter by introducing this type of aircraft to the US East Coast and will be expanding through the arrival of a Robinson R44 helicopter later in 2018. Prospective Scholarship applicants can register their interest in the 2019 Scholarship program, as well as find entry criteria and the online application form at, www.helicopterscholarships.com.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia