Roy Marfleet, Chairman of Essex-based MDS Civil Engineering has been appointed as a Trustee of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT).
Mr Marfleet, who has been a rugby referee for the last 25 years and officiated at the 2015 Rugby World Cup, has been a keen supporter of EHAAT for a number of years.
He is also a Trustee of the charity SOS Kit Aid which collects surplus rugby kit and distributes it to young people in the UK and overseas.
He said: “I am looking forward to the challenge of supporting the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance. It is a remarkable organisation with dedicated staff who do a first class job.
“I have been a helicopter pilot since 2012 and currently fly a Robinson R66, so I am particularly keen to get to know more about the aircraft and how they are used.”
Jane Gurney, Chief Executive Officer at EHAAT, said: “I’m delighted to welcome Roy Marfleet to our Board of Trustees and I look forward to working with him over the coming months and years. He brings with him a wealth of both business and aviation experience along with a real passion for the work of the Charity.”
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province