Roy Marfleet, Chairman of Essex-based MDS Civil Engineering has been appointed as a Trustee of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT).
Mr Marfleet, who has been a rugby referee for the last 25 years and officiated at the 2015 Rugby World Cup, has been a keen supporter of EHAAT for a number of years.
He is also a Trustee of the charity SOS Kit Aid which collects surplus rugby kit and distributes it to young people in the UK and overseas.
He said: “I am looking forward to the challenge of supporting the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance. It is a remarkable organisation with dedicated staff who do a first class job.
“I have been a helicopter pilot since 2012 and currently fly a Robinson R66, so I am particularly keen to get to know more about the aircraft and how they are used.”
Jane Gurney, Chief Executive Officer at EHAAT, said: “I’m delighted to welcome Roy Marfleet to our Board of Trustees and I look forward to working with him over the coming months and years. He brings with him a wealth of both business and aviation experience along with a real passion for the work of the Charity.”
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018