Russian Helicopters (part of Rostec State Corporation) will produce light utility helicopter prototype, VRT500, designed by VR-Technologies design bureau, by the end of 2019.
Helicopter rotor system strength tests are now underway. VR-Technologies’ specialists are going to start aerodynamic tests in the nearest time.
The helicopter is expected to be supplied in the following configurations: passenger, utility, cargo, training, VIP, and Medevac. VRT500 will be the first Medevac helicopter in the world in the segment of helicopters with maximum take-off weight up to two tons to ensure loading and unloading of unified gurneys through the rear cabin doors, which simplifies the process and allows significantly reducing time.
This helicopter combines high flight performance and a great price with operating costs, in addition to its spacious cabin, largest in its class. These characteristics shall allow VRT500 to occupy up to 15% of the global market of civil helicopters with maximum take-off weight up to 2 tons. We expect to produce and sell an average of 700 helicopters by 2030″, Alexander Okhonko, VR-Technologies director general, said.
According to him, about 30% of supply would be destined to the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean and about 15% would be sent to North America, Asia-Pacific region, Europe, Russia and CIS.
VRT500 is a light single-engine helicopter with coaxial rotor scheme and 1600 kg take-off weight. This helicopter will feature the most spacious transport and cargo cabin in its class with a total capacity of up to 5 persons, and will be equipped with the state-of-the art glass cockpit avionics suite. With improved performance characteristics this helicopter will be capable of accelerating up to 230 km/h and will achieve a range of up to 1000 km and payload of up to 750 kg.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia