Russian Helicopters (part of Rostec State Corporation) will produce light utility helicopter prototype, VRT500, designed by VR-Technologies design bureau, by the end of 2019.
Helicopter rotor system strength tests are now underway. VR-Technologies’ specialists are going to start aerodynamic tests in the nearest time.
The helicopter is expected to be supplied in the following configurations: passenger, utility, cargo, training, VIP, and Medevac. VRT500 will be the first Medevac helicopter in the world in the segment of helicopters with maximum take-off weight up to two tons to ensure loading and unloading of unified gurneys through the rear cabin doors, which simplifies the process and allows significantly reducing time.
This helicopter combines high flight performance and a great price with operating costs, in addition to its spacious cabin, largest in its class. These characteristics shall allow VRT500 to occupy up to 15% of the global market of civil helicopters with maximum take-off weight up to 2 tons. We expect to produce and sell an average of 700 helicopters by 2030″, Alexander Okhonko, VR-Technologies director general, said.
According to him, about 30% of supply would be destined to the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean and about 15% would be sent to North America, Asia-Pacific region, Europe, Russia and CIS.
VRT500 is a light single-engine helicopter with coaxial rotor scheme and 1600 kg take-off weight. This helicopter will feature the most spacious transport and cargo cabin in its class with a total capacity of up to 5 persons, and will be equipped with the state-of-the art glass cockpit avionics suite. With improved performance characteristics this helicopter will be capable of accelerating up to 230 km/h and will achieve a range of up to 1000 km and payload of up to 750 kg.
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Magellan Jet launches 10-hour S76 card with AAG
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Life Flight Network Launches New App for Hospitals and Emergency Responders
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- VIH Aerospace Renews its CSF With Bell Helicopters
- Leonardo Congratulates Royal Canadian Air Force
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin