Airbus will present its extensive product portfolio and a number of innovations at the 2018 ILA Berlin Air Show from 25 to 29 April, and will once again be the largest single exhibitor. This year’s ILA partner country is France.
Airbus Helicopters will have a significant presence at ILA ranging from successful military products to its next-generation rotorcraft. The state-of-the-art, multirole twin-engine helicopter H145M will be one of the show’s highlights on the static and flying display. The H145M is the military version of the tried-and-tested, light twin-engine H145 civil helicopter. With a maximum take-off weight of 3.7 tonnes, the agile H145M can be used for a wide range of tasks, including transport, supply, surveillance, air rescue, armed reconnaissance and medical evacuation. In 2017, Airbus Helicopters delivered the 15th and final H145M multi-role helicopter to the Bundeswehr’s Special Forces after having completed the entire programme within the specified time schedule and budget.
At the Future Lab, Airbus Helicopters will display a model of its highly innovative aerial taxi CityAirbus. CityAirbus is a multi-passenger, self-piloted battery-powered vertical take-off and landing vehicle designed for urban air mobility. It is designed to carry up to four passengers over congested megacities in a fast, affordable and environmentally friendly way. The first flight is scheduled for December 2018. A model of the high-speed helicopter RACER can be seen at the booth of the European Clean Sky Programme. The RACER demonstrator will be built around a simple architecture, ensuring safety and cost-efficiency. An innovative ‘box-wing’ design, optimised for aerodynamic efficiency, will provide lift in cruise mode while isolating passengers during ground operations from the ‘pusher’ lateral rotors designed to generate thrust in forward flight.
Other exhibits include a full scale mock-up of the brand new H160 presented for the first time ever at ILA, with an example of an EMS cabin interior, a model of the unmanned surveillance rotorcraft VSR700 and an H135, the smallest member of Airbus Helicopters’ twin engine family.
The Airbus Pavilion is located in the western chalet row 6–9; the Airbus tent and the static aircraft display are set up in the display area. The Space Pavilion is located in Hall 4. Airbus will also take part in the exhibition in the Military Support Centre (Hall 3). The MBDA booth is located in Display G3 / 001, while the TLVS booth is located in Display H4 / 004. Premium AEROTEC’s exhibition space is located in Hall 2, Booth 201.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30