Global Tooling Systems, an Ascent Aerospace company, was recognized by Lockheed Martin’s Sikorsky line of business at a recent ceremony in West Palm Beach, Florida as the Program Supplier of the Year for the Canadian Maritime Helicopter Program CH-148 Cyclone.
According to a release by Lockheed Martin, “Global Tooling Systems provided the straightening tool prototype for the CMHP program that was well received by the customer and performed beyond expectations.” The straightening tool is used on the ship deck to facilitate transporting the CH-148. The tool attaches to the front landing gear and utilizes an integral hydraulic pump to accommodate the weight of the rotorcraft.
“Congratulations to everyone at Global Tooling Systems for earning this recognition from Sikorsky,” said Michael Mahfet, CEO of Ascent Aerospace. “The strength of this team is a cornerstone of Ascent’s operational strategy. We are sharing best practices across the company, to replicate Global Tooling’s success in meeting rigorous customer demands, while continuing to improve at Macomb and at every facility. In fact, we have recently created a second engineering center of excellence at the location to exceed customer expectations.”
On behalf of the Ascent team, Program Manager Anthony D’Anna and Design Supervisor Kreg Kapron received the award from Dan Schultz, Sikorsky President, and Mike Ciocca, Vice President, Supply Chain.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province