Global Tooling Systems, an Ascent Aerospace company, was recognized by Lockheed Martin’s Sikorsky line of business at a recent ceremony in West Palm Beach, Florida as the Program Supplier of the Year for the Canadian Maritime Helicopter Program CH-148 Cyclone.
According to a release by Lockheed Martin, “Global Tooling Systems provided the straightening tool prototype for the CMHP program that was well received by the customer and performed beyond expectations.” The straightening tool is used on the ship deck to facilitate transporting the CH-148. The tool attaches to the front landing gear and utilizes an integral hydraulic pump to accommodate the weight of the rotorcraft.
“Congratulations to everyone at Global Tooling Systems for earning this recognition from Sikorsky,” said Michael Mahfet, CEO of Ascent Aerospace. “The strength of this team is a cornerstone of Ascent’s operational strategy. We are sharing best practices across the company, to replicate Global Tooling’s success in meeting rigorous customer demands, while continuing to improve at Macomb and at every facility. In fact, we have recently created a second engineering center of excellence at the location to exceed customer expectations.”
On behalf of the Ascent team, Program Manager Anthony D’Anna and Design Supervisor Kreg Kapron received the award from Dan Schultz, Sikorsky President, and Mike Ciocca, Vice President, Supply Chain.
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police