Global Tooling Systems, an Ascent Aerospace company, was recognized by Lockheed Martin’s Sikorsky line of business at a recent ceremony in West Palm Beach, Florida as the Program Supplier of the Year for the Canadian Maritime Helicopter Program CH-148 Cyclone.
According to a release by Lockheed Martin, “Global Tooling Systems provided the straightening tool prototype for the CMHP program that was well received by the customer and performed beyond expectations.” The straightening tool is used on the ship deck to facilitate transporting the CH-148. The tool attaches to the front landing gear and utilizes an integral hydraulic pump to accommodate the weight of the rotorcraft.
“Congratulations to everyone at Global Tooling Systems for earning this recognition from Sikorsky,” said Michael Mahfet, CEO of Ascent Aerospace. “The strength of this team is a cornerstone of Ascent’s operational strategy. We are sharing best practices across the company, to replicate Global Tooling’s success in meeting rigorous customer demands, while continuing to improve at Macomb and at every facility. In fact, we have recently created a second engineering center of excellence at the location to exceed customer expectations.”
On behalf of the Ascent team, Program Manager Anthony D’Anna and Design Supervisor Kreg Kapron received the award from Dan Schultz, Sikorsky President, and Mike Ciocca, Vice President, Supply Chain.
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade