For the first time in Russia, the new helicopter turboshaft engine Anteo family to be introduced at HeliRussia 2018. The full-scale mock-up of the new powerplant will be displayed by its developer – Safran Helicopter Engines, the world leading manufacturer of rotorcraft turbines.
Aneto engine family features significant benefits: thanks to an exceptional power-to-volume ratio, it offers 25% greater powercompared to existing engines of same volume, contributing to increased mission capabilities especially during demanding missions requiring more power like offshore, search and rescue, fire-fighting or military transport. Thanks to Anteo, helicopters can deliver better performance in “hot and high” conditions.
First 2,500 shp model, named Aneto-1K, has been selected by Leonardo Helicopters to power its new twin-engine AW189K. Maiden flight of this helicopter took place on March 2017. Its EASA certification being scheduled for fourth quarter of 2018. Aneto-1K’s EASA certification will meet that timetable.
Airbus Helicopters has selected Safran’s new Aneto engine to power its Racer (Rapid and Cost-Efficient Rotorcraft) high-speed demonstrator. Twin Aneto-1X engines will contribute significantly to the new rotorcraft’s cruise speed performance of up to 400 kph.
Safran Helicopter Engines has a long-tradition of naming its engines after features in the Pyrenees mountains. Aneto is the name of the highest mountain in the Pyrenees, reaching a height of 3,404 meters.
The 11th International helicopter industry exhibition HeliRussia 2018 will run through May 24-26 in Moscow at Crocus Expo IEC.
- Hinks Awarded Patent for Negative Spring Compensation
- VHA Receives FAA STC for 206L LongRanger Main Blades
- Boeing completes autonomous synchronised flight tests
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Rotortrade partners with Gualter Helicopter Brazil
- CHC Brasil Holds Regional Safety and Quality Summit in Rio de Janeiro
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident