For the first time in Russia, the new helicopter turboshaft engine Anteo family to be introduced at HeliRussia 2018. The full-scale mock-up of the new powerplant will be displayed by its developer – Safran Helicopter Engines, the world leading manufacturer of rotorcraft turbines.
Aneto engine family features significant benefits: thanks to an exceptional power-to-volume ratio, it offers 25% greater powercompared to existing engines of same volume, contributing to increased mission capabilities especially during demanding missions requiring more power like offshore, search and rescue, fire-fighting or military transport. Thanks to Anteo, helicopters can deliver better performance in “hot and high” conditions.
First 2,500 shp model, named Aneto-1K, has been selected by Leonardo Helicopters to power its new twin-engine AW189K. Maiden flight of this helicopter took place on March 2017. Its EASA certification being scheduled for fourth quarter of 2018. Aneto-1K’s EASA certification will meet that timetable.
Airbus Helicopters has selected Safran’s new Aneto engine to power its Racer (Rapid and Cost-Efficient Rotorcraft) high-speed demonstrator. Twin Aneto-1X engines will contribute significantly to the new rotorcraft’s cruise speed performance of up to 400 kph.
Safran Helicopter Engines has a long-tradition of naming its engines after features in the Pyrenees mountains. Aneto is the name of the highest mountain in the Pyrenees, reaching a height of 3,404 meters.
The 11th International helicopter industry exhibition HeliRussia 2018 will run through May 24-26 in Moscow at Crocus Expo IEC.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia