The Senegalese Armed Forces will train Mi-35 attack helicopter and Mi-17 transport helicopter aircrews for collective and tactical operations leveraging Thales’s expertise in training and simulation. The Thales helicopter mission trainer will enable pilots to acquire and develop the tactical skills and be mission-ready.
- Senegalese attack helicopter and transport helicopter pilots will benefit from collective tactical instruction and training
- The Thales trainer-simulator reconstructs operational conditions with a high degree of realism
- The system will be installed at the Air Force Academy at Thiès, near Dakar
The Senegalese Armed Forces are involved in a wide range of deployments in remote theatres, conducting operations beyond the scope of traditional homeland defence. For this reason, they need to improve the tactical training of attack helicopter pilots.
The Thales helicopter mission trainer will allow pilots to train in a diverse array of programmable tactical scenarios, such as combat search and rescue, airland, naval operations or even commando insertion / extraction. All trainings will be analysed at a debriefing station to prepare for a successful mission.
Thanks to a high definition visual database and to a rich, synthetic and powerful environment, the flexible, modular trainer can be configured to allow individual pilot and commander training as well as training of entire aircrews for collective operations, such as multi-crew and multi-platform coordination and combined arms deployments.
This first collaboration between Thales and the Senegalese Armed Forces signals the beginning of a strong partnership in simulation and strengthens the company’s positioning in this segment.
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety
- Era Group and Bel Air Aviation enter teaming agreement
- Avalex video equipment picked for WPD EC135 fleet upgrade
- ForeFlight Launches Trip Assistant Door-to-Door Flight And Fuel Stop Planner