The Senegalese Armed Forces will train Mi-35 attack helicopter and Mi-17 transport helicopter aircrews for collective and tactical operations leveraging Thales’s expertise in training and simulation. The Thales helicopter mission trainer will enable pilots to acquire and develop the tactical skills and be mission-ready.
- Senegalese attack helicopter and transport helicopter pilots will benefit from collective tactical instruction and training
- The Thales trainer-simulator reconstructs operational conditions with a high degree of realism
- The system will be installed at the Air Force Academy at Thiès, near Dakar
The Senegalese Armed Forces are involved in a wide range of deployments in remote theatres, conducting operations beyond the scope of traditional homeland defence. For this reason, they need to improve the tactical training of attack helicopter pilots.
The Thales helicopter mission trainer will allow pilots to train in a diverse array of programmable tactical scenarios, such as combat search and rescue, airland, naval operations or even commando insertion / extraction. All trainings will be analysed at a debriefing station to prepare for a successful mission.
Thanks to a high definition visual database and to a rich, synthetic and powerful environment, the flexible, modular trainer can be configured to allow individual pilot and commander training as well as training of entire aircrews for collective operations, such as multi-crew and multi-platform coordination and combined arms deployments.
This first collaboration between Thales and the Senegalese Armed Forces signals the beginning of a strong partnership in simulation and strengthens the company’s positioning in this segment.
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police