Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) is delighted to announce the speakers for its award-winning Aeromedical Conference on June 27th at Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford.
This year’s event, sponsored by Specialist Aviation Services, is again free to attend. The theme is `Paediatrics – Our Care, Their Future’, focussing on the causes, prevalence and changing face of paediatric cases and care in the pre-hospital environment.
The day will included presentations from Paediatric Registrar Dr Hannah Pool, Consultant Trauma Resuscitation Anaesthetist Dr Richard Smith and Adam Carr, Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year, with keynote addresses by Dr Allan Goldman from Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and Dr James Tooley of the Great Western Air Ambulance.
Ben Myer, Conference Lead and Clinical Manager at Essex & Herts Air Ambulance said: “After winning Innovation of the Year at the Association of Air Ambulance Awards for last year’s event, we want to ensure that we continue to push boundaries in our Aeromedical conferences going forward.
“Working with children in traumatic situations is a reality for many of us – from pre-hospital care to frontline staff in all three emergency services, family liaison and more. As care providers, it is our duty to open up about our experiences so far, and focus on how we can provide the most effective care to our future generations.”
Dr Goldman, a Consultant in Paediatric Cardiac Intensive Care at GOSH will give a presentation on `Cardiac Critical Care’. After training in South Africa, London and Melbourne Dr Goldman took up his current post in 1998. He is currently the Co-chair of The Charles West Division of Care at GOSH and his research interests include human factors, improvement science and patient safety as well as mechanical support devices.
Dr Pool, a Paediatric Registrar at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, will speak about `Paediatric Challenges’ Dr Pool developed her interest in paediatrics through roles in the south of England and Zambia. She has a particular interest in paediatric emergency medicine, and completed her MRCPCH in 2016.
Dr Tooley, is Consultant in Neonatal and Paediatric Retrievals for the NEST (Newborn Emergency Stabilisation & Transport Team) in Bristol and for WATCh (Wales & West Acute Transport for Children). He will discuss the challenges of dealing with sick children in a pre-hospital environment. Dr Tooley is a Consultant with the Great Western Air Ambulance based in Filton Bristol and a BASICS (British Association for Immediate Care) doctor for Swift medics.
Dr Smith, who will talk about the Manchester Arena Attack, works as a Consultant Trauma Resuscitation Anaesthetist at the Royal Stoke University Hospital and is also a regular HEMS (Helicopter Emergency Service) doctor for both The Air Ambulance Service and also the North West Air Ambulance. He is a MERIT (Medical Emergency Response Incident Team) Doctor for the North West Ambulance Service and a volunteer responder for the Cheshire and Shropshire BASICS scheme.
Critical Care Paramedic Adam Carr of EHAAT was named Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year for 2017. He will talk about a paediatric cardiac arrest case study. A paramedic for 14 years he has worked for EHAAT since 2013. As one of EHAAT’s Patient Liaison Managers, he also works on delivering patient care post-accident.
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018