Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) is delighted to announce the speakers for its award-winning Aeromedical Conference on June 27th at Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford.
This year’s event, sponsored by Specialist Aviation Services, is again free to attend. The theme is `Paediatrics – Our Care, Their Future’, focussing on the causes, prevalence and changing face of paediatric cases and care in the pre-hospital environment.
The day will included presentations from Paediatric Registrar Dr Hannah Pool, Consultant Trauma Resuscitation Anaesthetist Dr Richard Smith and Adam Carr, Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year, with keynote addresses by Dr Allan Goldman from Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and Dr James Tooley of the Great Western Air Ambulance.
Ben Myer, Conference Lead and Clinical Manager at Essex & Herts Air Ambulance said: “After winning Innovation of the Year at the Association of Air Ambulance Awards for last year’s event, we want to ensure that we continue to push boundaries in our Aeromedical conferences going forward.
“Working with children in traumatic situations is a reality for many of us – from pre-hospital care to frontline staff in all three emergency services, family liaison and more. As care providers, it is our duty to open up about our experiences so far, and focus on how we can provide the most effective care to our future generations.”
Dr Goldman, a Consultant in Paediatric Cardiac Intensive Care at GOSH will give a presentation on `Cardiac Critical Care’. After training in South Africa, London and Melbourne Dr Goldman took up his current post in 1998. He is currently the Co-chair of The Charles West Division of Care at GOSH and his research interests include human factors, improvement science and patient safety as well as mechanical support devices.
Dr Pool, a Paediatric Registrar at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, will speak about `Paediatric Challenges’ Dr Pool developed her interest in paediatrics through roles in the south of England and Zambia. She has a particular interest in paediatric emergency medicine, and completed her MRCPCH in 2016.
Dr Tooley, is Consultant in Neonatal and Paediatric Retrievals for the NEST (Newborn Emergency Stabilisation & Transport Team) in Bristol and for WATCh (Wales & West Acute Transport for Children). He will discuss the challenges of dealing with sick children in a pre-hospital environment. Dr Tooley is a Consultant with the Great Western Air Ambulance based in Filton Bristol and a BASICS (British Association for Immediate Care) doctor for Swift medics.
Dr Smith, who will talk about the Manchester Arena Attack, works as a Consultant Trauma Resuscitation Anaesthetist at the Royal Stoke University Hospital and is also a regular HEMS (Helicopter Emergency Service) doctor for both The Air Ambulance Service and also the North West Air Ambulance. He is a MERIT (Medical Emergency Response Incident Team) Doctor for the North West Ambulance Service and a volunteer responder for the Cheshire and Shropshire BASICS scheme.
Critical Care Paramedic Adam Carr of EHAAT was named Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year for 2017. He will talk about a paediatric cardiac arrest case study. A paramedic for 14 years he has worked for EHAAT since 2013. As one of EHAAT’s Patient Liaison Managers, he also works on delivering patient care post-accident.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province