Dr Louisa Chan has been appointed as the Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance (HIOWAA). As Medical Lead, Dr Chan will join the Charity’s Programme Management Team tasked with overseeing HIOWAA’s transition to a new Clinical Services Operating Model in 2018.
Transition planning began in 2017 and the building blocks have now been put in place for the foundation of a new three-way partnership with, HIOWAA, South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS). Part of Dr Chan’s remit will be to oversee the integration of the newly created Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) Care group into UHS as part of the Charity’s new Clinical Services Operating Model.
‘I am delighted that Dr Chan has been appointed as HIOWAA’s Medical Lead at this critical stage in the evolution of our service. A natural leader, her passion and commitment to advancing pre-hospital emergency medicine care will play an important part in allowing us to realise our vision of a dynamic three-way partnership. This is a good day for HIOWAA and an important step forward in the path towards transition’, commented HIOWAA CEO Alex Lochrane.
Currently HIOWAA’s Medical Training Lead, Dr Chan has served as a doctor on board the Air Ambulance since 2008. She is actively involved in the delivery of training at a local, regional and national level to staff from multiple professional backgrounds. As Clinical Director for Unscheduled Care at Hampshire Hospitals’ NHS Foundation Trust, Dr Chan is responsible for the management of five business units including two emergency departments, two acute medical units and a minor injuries unit.
Dr Chan said ‘HIOWAA is committed to the delivery of pre-hospital emergency medicine that ensures we provide the very best patient care across the whole of our region. I feel honoured to play my part in achieving HIOWAA’s vision’.
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province