Dr Louisa Chan has been appointed as the Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance (HIOWAA). As Medical Lead, Dr Chan will join the Charity’s Programme Management Team tasked with overseeing HIOWAA’s transition to a new Clinical Services Operating Model in 2018.
Transition planning began in 2017 and the building blocks have now been put in place for the foundation of a new three-way partnership with, HIOWAA, South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS). Part of Dr Chan’s remit will be to oversee the integration of the newly created Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) Care group into UHS as part of the Charity’s new Clinical Services Operating Model.
‘I am delighted that Dr Chan has been appointed as HIOWAA’s Medical Lead at this critical stage in the evolution of our service. A natural leader, her passion and commitment to advancing pre-hospital emergency medicine care will play an important part in allowing us to realise our vision of a dynamic three-way partnership. This is a good day for HIOWAA and an important step forward in the path towards transition’, commented HIOWAA CEO Alex Lochrane.
Currently HIOWAA’s Medical Training Lead, Dr Chan has served as a doctor on board the Air Ambulance since 2008. She is actively involved in the delivery of training at a local, regional and national level to staff from multiple professional backgrounds. As Clinical Director for Unscheduled Care at Hampshire Hospitals’ NHS Foundation Trust, Dr Chan is responsible for the management of five business units including two emergency departments, two acute medical units and a minor injuries unit.
Dr Chan said ‘HIOWAA is committed to the delivery of pre-hospital emergency medicine that ensures we provide the very best patient care across the whole of our region. I feel honoured to play my part in achieving HIOWAA’s vision’.
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- GVH selected to design hoist light for Boeing
- Metro delivers H125 to Broward County
- Safran Appoints Executive Vice-President of Engineering
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for MH-47G Block 11 Part Procurement
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police