Life Link III has announced the opening of its new air medical helicopter base in Marshfield, Wisconsin. This new base is a 24-hour operation located at the Marshfield Clinic Medical Center campus, establishing Life Link III’s eighth base throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin. Life Link III’s medically-configured helicopters and airplanes serve as flying intensive care units (ICUs) providing critical care prehospital services from accident scenes and from local hospitals to those that can provide specific expertise or higher level of care.
Life Link III brings advanced clinical capabilities to this region including point-of-care laboratory testing, point-of-care ultrasound, and LUCAS mechanical CPR. “Life Link III’s industry-leading on-board medical capabilities and innovative technology set us apart from other air medical transport services,” said Kolby Kolbet, Vice President of Clinical Services. “Our clinical staff undergo extensive, continual in-service education to ensure the most advanced critical care and technology are provided to patients requiring specialized care. We look forward to providing the highest level of patient care to Marshfield Clinic Health System and its surrounding regions.” Life Link III is also the exclusive air medical transport service for five neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) teams throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin, including Marshfield Clinic Health System.
By using its ‘One Call’ system, Life Link III will continue to work collaboratively with other air medical transport services to dispatch the most appropriate helicopter, whether it is Life Link III’s or another service. The Life Link III Communication Center operates 24 hours a day and can be reached at 1-800-328-1377.
Marshfield Clinic Health System marks the tenth member of the Life Link III consortium, a unique model which focuses on collaboration across competing healthcare providers to advance access to critical care. As the largest hospital-based non-profit consortium program in the United States, Life Link III brings three decades of patient-focused air medical expertise to this region.
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count
- DynCorp Awarded $152M Contract for TH-57 Support Services
- HeliGroup launches world-first Airbus ACH135 Helionix for charter operations
- Rotortrade paves the way for greater value in the pre-owned helicopter market
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- EASA starts process for certification of small VTOL aircraft
- Deadline Approaches for 2019 WAI Scholarships
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- Bell attended the VR/AR Global Summit in Vancouver
- Helibras delivers the 33º H225M to Brazilian Army
- Helicentre purchases two simulators
- Airbus Turns to RepRap x400 3D Printer
- Heli-One Develops End-User Oriented Solutions
- Coptersafety to provide EASA Maintenance Check Flight simulator course
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Airbus details NBAA display
- Airbus delivers new H125 to Newfoundland
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018