Leading air medical transport company Med-Trans Corporation has opened a new AeroCare medical helicopter base in Plainview, Texas, joining a ground ambulance already operating there. A medically-equipped Bell 407 helicopter is now available at Hale County Airport to serve patients in the Texas Panhandle and surrounding areas.
“Med-Trans Corporation is pleased to be able to incorporate this additional resource into the area’s healthcare assets,” said Med-Trans President Rob Hamilton. “This expansion reflects years of successful air and ground medical transports and is a positive development for world-class patient care in the area.”
AeroCare VIII joins seven other air medical locations in Texas and New Mexico, serving emergency air transport in a three-state region. Plainview is located between Amarillo and Lubbock.
Other AeroCare air medical bases are:
AeroCare I – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare II – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare III – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare IV – Seminole, Texas
AeroCare V – Odessa, Texas
AeroCare VI – Fort Stockton, Texas
Aerocare VII – Lovington, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 1 – Plainview, Texas
AeroCare Ground 2 – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 3 – Lubbock, Texas
The Bell 407 helicopter has a 300 nautical mile range, a 140 mph cruise speed, and like other AeroCare helicopters, is equipped with state of the art safety enhancements such as night vision capability, XM color weather radar, and an autopilot. Additionally, Skytrac satellite tracking software allows Med-Trans to continuously monitor aircraft position.
“Fully staffed, AeroCare VIII in Plainview will have four pilots, four nurses and four paramedics,” said Business Development Manager Bobby Sanchez. He noted that AeroCare was established in 1988 and became a Med-Trans operation in 2009. Plainview’s ground ambulance service began in 2014 and is a licensed Mobile Intensive Care Unit providing 24/7 transport in the region.
Now in its 36th year in business, Med-Trans has grown into a leading national medical transport provider, focused on establishing professional relationships with leading health systems, medical centers, and EMS agencies. Med-Trans offers a broad range of solutions to help its partners achieve successful patient outcomes.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved