Leading air medical transport company Med-Trans Corporation has opened a new AeroCare medical helicopter base in Plainview, Texas, joining a ground ambulance already operating there. A medically-equipped Bell 407 helicopter is now available at Hale County Airport to serve patients in the Texas Panhandle and surrounding areas.
“Med-Trans Corporation is pleased to be able to incorporate this additional resource into the area’s healthcare assets,” said Med-Trans President Rob Hamilton. “This expansion reflects years of successful air and ground medical transports and is a positive development for world-class patient care in the area.”
AeroCare VIII joins seven other air medical locations in Texas and New Mexico, serving emergency air transport in a three-state region. Plainview is located between Amarillo and Lubbock.
Other AeroCare air medical bases are:
AeroCare I – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare II – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare III – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare IV – Seminole, Texas
AeroCare V – Odessa, Texas
AeroCare VI – Fort Stockton, Texas
Aerocare VII – Lovington, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 1 – Plainview, Texas
AeroCare Ground 2 – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 3 – Lubbock, Texas
The Bell 407 helicopter has a 300 nautical mile range, a 140 mph cruise speed, and like other AeroCare helicopters, is equipped with state of the art safety enhancements such as night vision capability, XM color weather radar, and an autopilot. Additionally, Skytrac satellite tracking software allows Med-Trans to continuously monitor aircraft position.
“Fully staffed, AeroCare VIII in Plainview will have four pilots, four nurses and four paramedics,” said Business Development Manager Bobby Sanchez. He noted that AeroCare was established in 1988 and became a Med-Trans operation in 2009. Plainview’s ground ambulance service began in 2014 and is a licensed Mobile Intensive Care Unit providing 24/7 transport in the region.
Now in its 36th year in business, Med-Trans has grown into a leading national medical transport provider, focused on establishing professional relationships with leading health systems, medical centers, and EMS agencies. Med-Trans offers a broad range of solutions to help its partners achieve successful patient outcomes.
- Kawak receives STC for new CH-47 Chinook Internal firefighting tank system
- RUAG accomplishes first overhaul of PW206 engine
- First flight lands at Ipswich helipad
- Mi-171A2 helicopter is scheduled to be certified in India
- Life Flight Network Celebrates 40 Years
- Metro Aviation delivers H145 to Avera Careflight
- Milestone announces two key appointments
- DSCA approved sale of 6 AH-64E Apaches to India
- Babcock wins BP Sheltand operations from Bristow
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Airwork customers hit 300,000 customer flight milestone
- EASA and FAA approve Alpine Aerotech bear paws for Bell 505
- Helicopter-based electricity pylon delivery relies on wireless load sensing
- uAvionix says skyBeacon nearing certification
- Helicopter Services Malta launches superyacht service package
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Dallas Avionics to Pre-Sale Certified uAvionix skyBeacon
- Multiflight to exhibit at Heli UK Expo
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407