bmi has appointed Tim Shattock in the newly created role of Managing Director. Based out of the airline’s East Midland’s head office, Shattock joins on 16 May and will take his position within the restructured Executive Team, reporting directly to Group CEO of Airline Investments Limited, Peter Simpson.
Shattock brings 30 years of aviation experience to the role having most recently worked as the Managing Director for Babcock Mission Critical Services in Gloucester, the UK’s largest operator of Air Ambulance aircraft.
He will oversee a team of over 400 staff members with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Operational Directors, along with the Head of Human Resources all reporting directly to him.
Commenting on the appointment Peter Simpson said: “We’re delighted to welcome Tim to the team as we restructure the bmi Exec team to replicate the structure we have in place with our sister airline, Loganair. We are continuing to drive bmi forward, engage with new markets and transition through Brexit. The creation of this role gives us greater bandwidth to focus on the immediate challenges ahead while working with the bmi team, to develop the business further unlocking the many opportunities presenting themselves on the back of solid foundation that has been created over the last couple of years.
bmi operates a 19-strong all-jet fleet creating connectivity between key growing regions on a Pan-European scale with primary gateways at Bristol, Munich and Brussels.
Shattock said: “bmi has a fantastic reputation as an airline that delivers a quality product. It has maintained high standards of professionalism and service across all routes and I look forward to continuing this and also developing the airline into one which can effortlessly move forward as the .”
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE