The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announced that it will accept applications from experienced candidates to fill aviation safety positions at various facilities throughout the country. These positions are critical to the agency’s mission to provide the safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world.
The FAA is hiring for the following safety-essential positions:
- Aviation Safety Inspectors – to administer, investigate, and enforce safety regulations and standards for the production, operation, maintenance, and modification of all flying aircraft. Aviation Safety Inspectors work in four specialty areas: avionics, maintenance, operations, and manufacturing.
- Aviation Safety Technicians – to provide technical support to safety inspectors for inspections or investigations. This includes searching for, gathering, screening, and providing facts or explanations related to an inspection, investigation, or compliance program.
- Aerospace Engineers – to ensure the continued operational safety of manufacturers’ aviation and space products from airplanes to spaceports. Aerospace engineers have opportunities in two key disciplines: aircraft certification and commercial space transportation.
- Operations Research Analysts – to provide expert analytical support and to conduct significant analytical studies and projects related to aviation. Operation research analysts also use advanced techniques, data mining, statistical analysis, and mathematical modeling to develop solutions for business processes and to enhance oversight for all commercial operations.
- Medical Officers – to determine medical qualifications for complex medical conditions referred for further review. Medical officers also support specialty panels at the request of the Federal Air Surgeon and assist the Medical Education Division with seminar presentations.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet