The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announced that it will accept applications from experienced candidates to fill aviation safety positions at various facilities throughout the country. These positions are critical to the agency’s mission to provide the safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world.
The FAA is hiring for the following safety-essential positions:
- Aviation Safety Inspectors – to administer, investigate, and enforce safety regulations and standards for the production, operation, maintenance, and modification of all flying aircraft. Aviation Safety Inspectors work in four specialty areas: avionics, maintenance, operations, and manufacturing.
- Aviation Safety Technicians – to provide technical support to safety inspectors for inspections or investigations. This includes searching for, gathering, screening, and providing facts or explanations related to an inspection, investigation, or compliance program.
- Aerospace Engineers – to ensure the continued operational safety of manufacturers’ aviation and space products from airplanes to spaceports. Aerospace engineers have opportunities in two key disciplines: aircraft certification and commercial space transportation.
- Operations Research Analysts – to provide expert analytical support and to conduct significant analytical studies and projects related to aviation. Operation research analysts also use advanced techniques, data mining, statistical analysis, and mathematical modeling to develop solutions for business processes and to enhance oversight for all commercial operations.
- Medical Officers – to determine medical qualifications for complex medical conditions referred for further review. Medical officers also support specialty panels at the request of the Federal Air Surgeon and assist the Medical Education Division with seminar presentations.
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training