Airbus (stock exchange symbol: AIR) has appointed Eduardo Dominguez Puerta, 40, Head of Urban Air Mobility (UAM), a new Airbus unit, effective 1 June 2018. In his new function, he will report to Patrick de Castelbajac, Executive Vice President Strategy and International.
With this appointment, Airbus is integrating all its UAM activities – except its current air vehicle projects – through the set-up of a new unit to foster coordination both vis-à-vis internal as well as external parties such as Certification Authorities, Customers, Partners and Suppliers. Based in Munich, the UAM unit will be operating in proximity of the company’s Corporate Technology Office and Unmanned Aerial Systems in Ottobrunn as well as the company’s helicopter plant in Donauwörth.
Currently ongoing vehicle projects will remain in their respective business units and will now be coordinated by the UAM unit. These include
· CityAirbus, an electrically-powered Vertical Take-off and Landing air vehicle demonstrator (eVTOL), developed by Airbus Helicopters;
· Vahana, a self-piloted eVTOL small passenger aircraft, developed by A3, the company’s US-based Innovation Centre in Silicon Valley;
· VOOM, the world’s premier on-demand helicopter booking platform.
“After a two-year exploratory phase we now need to gear up, build partnerships with various stakeholders, including air safety agencies, and define and conduct pilot projects. While we continue our vehicle projects, the new unit will be platform-agnostic and open for cooperation with other vehicle manufacturers,” said Tom Enders, Chief Executive Officer of Airbus. “Eduardo with his broad experience is the right person to lead us into the new phase.”
Eduardo Dominguez Puerta joined Airbus in 2002 and has held various operational management positions including overseeing Supplier Development and Lean Management. Before heading New Business Strategy at Airbus, Eduardo Dominguez Puerta was instrumental in setting up operations of A3 where he served as Chief Operating Officer. He received a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from Universidad Pontificia de Comillas in Spain in 2002.
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training