RUAG Aviation is named as one of the first helicopter services providers in Europe to earn OEM approvals for MRO on the new Bell Helicopter 505 (JRX). RUAG also holds reassembly capabilities.
“We are dedicated to providing complete, state-of-the-art support on behalf of our customers and all the helicopters in their fleet. Attending the first available technical courses, like the recent instruction for the Bell 505, is essential to this approach,” states Claudio Zeiter, Team Leader Commercial Helicopter Services, RUAG Aviation.
The completion of the Bell Helicopter Training Academy course also allows RUAG to reassemble the new Bell helicopter. The importance of reassembly services becomes evident during the Bell 505 order process. Helicopters are shipped, partially dissembled. While Bell completely assembles and hands over the helicopters at their North America facilities, the helicopter is then separated into airframe, tail boom, main rotor blades and transmission for shipping to Europe.
“The reassembled helicopters require testing and the certificate of release to service. We encourage all Bell 505 customers in Europe to direct the shipping of their new helicopter to our facilities in Sion, Switzerland. Our trained specialists ensure a reliable and prompt reassembly,” confirms Claudio Zeiter.
Subsequent to training at the Bell Helicopter Training Academy, the RUAG helicopter services center earned the approval ratings for the Bell 505 under their European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part 145 classification. A Center of Excellence for helicopters, the team at the facility performs all maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services on the Bell 505 and additional support services required before start of operation.
The Bell Helicopter 505 (JRX) will be presented at the RUAG facility in Sion as part of the aircraft’s European launch tour.
RUAG Aviation is a one-stop shop for the support of helicopters. Services include airframe MRO, component and subsystems MRO, engineering, system upgrades, complete cockpit and avionics reconfigurations, painting, fleet management, logistics management and support and consulting.
- Life Link III passes 15000 hours on AW119Kx fleet
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- PHi extends previously-announced cash tender offer
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone