RUAG Aviation is named as one of the first helicopter services providers in Europe to earn OEM approvals for MRO on the new Bell Helicopter 505 (JRX). RUAG also holds reassembly capabilities.
“We are dedicated to providing complete, state-of-the-art support on behalf of our customers and all the helicopters in their fleet. Attending the first available technical courses, like the recent instruction for the Bell 505, is essential to this approach,” states Claudio Zeiter, Team Leader Commercial Helicopter Services, RUAG Aviation.
The completion of the Bell Helicopter Training Academy course also allows RUAG to reassemble the new Bell helicopter. The importance of reassembly services becomes evident during the Bell 505 order process. Helicopters are shipped, partially dissembled. While Bell completely assembles and hands over the helicopters at their North America facilities, the helicopter is then separated into airframe, tail boom, main rotor blades and transmission for shipping to Europe.
“The reassembled helicopters require testing and the certificate of release to service. We encourage all Bell 505 customers in Europe to direct the shipping of their new helicopter to our facilities in Sion, Switzerland. Our trained specialists ensure a reliable and prompt reassembly,” confirms Claudio Zeiter.
Subsequent to training at the Bell Helicopter Training Academy, the RUAG helicopter services center earned the approval ratings for the Bell 505 under their European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part 145 classification. A Center of Excellence for helicopters, the team at the facility performs all maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services on the Bell 505 and additional support services required before start of operation.
The Bell Helicopter 505 (JRX) will be presented at the RUAG facility in Sion as part of the aircraft’s European launch tour.
RUAG Aviation is a one-stop shop for the support of helicopters. Services include airframe MRO, component and subsystems MRO, engineering, system upgrades, complete cockpit and avionics reconfigurations, painting, fleet management, logistics management and support and consulting.
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023
- HeliOffshore Consults Flight Instructors and Examiners
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Fishtail Air gets new official name ‘Summit Helicopters’
- PHI Announces Cash Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation
- NBAA Requests Guidance on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- HeliOffshore – HUMS Best Practice Guidelines
- Bristol Sycamore Flies Home After 60 Years
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Airbus delivers fifth and final H135 for Bundeswehr training